Date with Mt Tam...

After reading this post. I know where i want to go next year. But i have two problems to over come (apart from finding the money :) )
Fear of flying and the fear that airline will lose my bike.

Neil, Thanks for stopping in my shop. I had a good time chatting bikes with you. Just a shame you didn't get to stay for beer:30.

Welcome!

Hi Mike - glad you could find time to join our site! You'll be featured in my holiday write up over the coming days, as I have numerous photos to share from your shop/museum - and I'll no doubt need some factual details as I didn't write notes...

Anyone going to Norcal owes it to themselves to drive up to Point Reyes - it's a helluva cool drive (great views of Mt. Tam, the Black Mountains and the Pacific in one shot) plus you get Mike's cool shop - just listen out for Led Zeppelin and follow your ears - and the awesome Station House cafe for eats and beer!

Neil

Thought I would kick this thread back to the top, hopefully to encourage Mr.K to post some of the hundreds of photos he took as an excuse for interrupting his ride in Fairfax.

My friend Pat, who served as one of Neil's guides, tells me I gave his age wrong. He's not 59, he's 60.

That should make Neil feel better!

Repack Rider - Thanks for your description of the re-pack ! I read it shortly aftyer you posted it but forgot to say thanks. I keep meaning to search you-tube to see if anyone has posted a video of the descent - that would be wicked to geta riders eye view of it !

Notice in your photos the small trees growing around the top of Repack. These are dwarf Sargent Cypress, and a tall one may be five meters, but most are around two. It's the only cypress native to Marin County.

This tree grows much bigger in other places (the tallest known is 44 meters). Apparently the dwarf form is caused by the soil compositon and the climate.

Latest posts

Back