Proflex 752 frame and bits...

Personally I think you should do something different with it - like this guy has to his.

:| :? :LOL: :LOL:

proflex.jpg

Some more pics of the same project. It´s completely stopped, waiting for his turn...

pbpic1495270.jpg

pbpic1495266.jpg

pbpic1495269.jpg

pbpic1495268.jpg

Funny detail of the rear canti brake. Brake cable is fixed directly to the frame, and makes a brake pivot move when we pull the levers...

pbpic1495267.jpg

Cheers

I had a 752 too (loved it!) and I have to say that I adapted the rear brake pretty quickly - it was a waste of time! I changed the cam to a similar design to the one on Pace forks and ran the cable directly to the canti arm. Much better! :cool:
I stripped and polished mine when it started to look a little tired and replaced the rear elastomer stack with an aftermarket job a-la Orange71's white Proflex - it looked ace. The final evolution was to fit a pair of RS Quadras. Didn't use it too much in this guise though, because I got hold of an 856 which I loved even more! :LOL:
Not sure about the Spinergy wheels though! :?

I had a ProFlex myself years and years ago. It was a 754 and I bought It new because the Bikestore told me it was a great bike. I believed him... Only half a year later and some heavy use made me clear that this bikes were not strong enough for the heavier ones.

Shouldn't there be a Girvin in this bike? Mine had a normal Girvin (don't know the type anymore) but most of them had the one with the "noleen" forks (parallel system?).

Good luck, look nice!

Latest posts

Back