98 Club Roost DH8, finished for now 9/10/10

jimihendrix":18oskr1l said:
JamesMatlock":18oskr1l said:
This is such a cool bike! Looks like you could drop off the Sun and not bottom it out!

This is my idea of fun! Huge gaps and drops! We have a big disused quarry this would be well at home in!

Cheers ;) , dont know about "huge gaps and drops", sounds a bit scary, i did jump off some stairs (3) in the town centre thismorning :LOL:

Rides great, one problem i did find though is i cant run it for long with the seat that low, 1/2 hour and my lower back was done in, i chopped the post (stupidly) and put it that low because it looks better on this style of bike (as with the angled saddle), thought i could live with it but just not practical so going to get a longer post, maybe a remote drop one.

have a look for a telescoper, ugly as sin but can drop quite low in this type of frame.

clockworkgazz":gvbpi4de said:
looks amazing, taking it to the tress jimi?

Sure, if i can get a longer seatpost and a chain retainer sorted by then, also if my wee Polo will handle the weight of the thing :LOL:

trade your post for my long one?
if interested pm with details of yours and i will get back to you ;)

coomber":1ptkj6tu said:
They are Club Roost pedals. CNCd body. Replaceable pins. Very nice they are too.

didnt these have a 'dent' in the end part??

jimi, how much were the bearings?? what axle length are you running? i have 113 but im thinking it needs around 108-110?
also, what soze post do i need? got a 30.0 in there but its a lil small
how much were the intense stickers? im thinking of getting some :D

mine is around 37lb :cool:
anf you know of any spares (eg. linkage plates) that would be great :D

cyfa2809":1lfavzkb said:
coomber":1lfavzkb said:
They are Club Roost pedals. CNCd body. Replaceable pins. Very nice they are too.

didnt these have a 'dent' in the end part??

jimi, how much were the bearings?? what axle length are you running? i have 113 but im thinking it needs around 108-110?
also, what soze post do i need? got a 30.0 in there but its a lil small
how much were the intense stickers? im thinking of getting some :D

mine is around 37lb :cool:
anf you know of any spares (eg. linkage plates) that would be great :D

seatpost will be a 30.4 and heres the intense decals > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-SILVER-INTENSE- ... 255cd664d8

i have a spare metal steerer tube badge too

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
oh i think i will have to get some made, i want black with electric blue outline
is the headbadge intense or club roost?
are you getting rid?? :D
although mine is a little bit different to yours, what is the intense that these look like?

cyfa2809":2mqezeyq said:
oh i think i will have to get some made, i want black with electric blue outline
is the headbadge intense or club roost?
are you getting rid?? :D
although mine is a little bit different to yours, what is the intense that these look like?

the headbadge is a metal intense one the same as this > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEDWX:IT i could be perswaded to part with it.

can't remember what intense looks like the dh8 :oops: and jimmis frame is my old one :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:LOL: :LOL: the link goes to pace forks! :roll: :LOL: :LOL:
oh so you can give me all the info on these frames? or any that you might have :D
would be greatly appreciated, what you want for headtube badge??

how did you stop the mech from bashing chainstay pivot?
how do you stop the chain from rubbing seatstay?
what bb length you run?

Back