WTB Phoenix

Re: Spec Sheet

GoldenEraMTB":29sbgbsz said:
utahdog2003":29sbgbsz said:
Fork: Kona Project Two (oh the SHAME!)

Indeed!

I hate that I had a Ti version of this frame, and never got to enjoy it. Do you have a little background on this one.

Thought you would have learnt your lesson with P2's :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though another fine bike to join your slightly leftfeild collection :cool: :cool:

kaiser":3on1k04j said:
Thought you would have learnt your lesson with P2's :LOL: :LOL:

P2s are like trading cards.... Need a fork, buy a P2, friend needs a fork, trade him your P2 for a part you want or need. Any cycling enthusiast would do well to keep an assortment of P2s on hand. What can I say, there's a reason they are black. Black goes with everything! :D

That P2 on the Cannondale was really pushing it though... :oops: :LOL:

After I use the bike for a while, if all goes well, then I'll pony up for a proper fork.

kaiser":3on1k04j said:
Seriously though another fine bike to join your slightly leftfeild collection :cool: :cool:

Thanks! I don't follow a predictable pattern do I. :p

utahdog2003":pwfcwx7n said:
After I use the bike for a while, if all goes well, then I'll pony up for a proper fork.

Maybe not! If a P2 is good enough for the owner of Mr Potts' local shop, then maybe its good enough for little old me! :D It was a great ride today. 12 miles and counting! :cool:

http://blackmountaincycles.blogspot.com ... pload.html

Attachments

• BMC_MIKE_WTB_P2small.JPG
    BMC_MIKE_WTB_P2small.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,901

utahdog2003":5oic7e6p said:
utahdog2003":5oic7e6p said:

Maybe not! If a P2 is good enough for the owner of Mr Potts' local shop, then maybe its good enough for little old me! :D It was a great ride today. 12 miles and counting! :cool:

http://blackmountaincycles.blogspot.com ... pload.html

I like the color on that phoenix, and it's even larger than yours :eek:

I would really enjoy borrowing that for the weekend to experience how a WTB rides.....

Ride report....

Cool build.....

GoldenEraMTB":3anlvpuj said:

He posted the WTB along with others in his collection on the same day. Black Mountain Cycles blog. Its a good read. :cool:

utahdog2003":x34gphfw said:
GoldenEraMTB":x34gphfw said:

He posted the WTB along with others in his collection on the same day. Black Mountain Cycles blog. Its a good read. :cool:

I've been reading that blog since before I bought my Phoenix Ti (a couple years); definitely a good read :)

Should probably learn how to subscribe to it.

Of course, yellow is a fall color...so when I made plans to go to North Carolina for a little fall swish through the leaves, I had to take the WTB. :cool: It is a very fun bike.

More pics are on my site... :D

Attachments

• IMG_6009small.JPG
    IMG_6009small.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 1,610
  • IMG_6021small.JPG
    IMG_6021small.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 1,610
Looks good

I did a ride on mine on Sunday and noticed I had some finetuning to do. I were a bit disappointed of the performance of modern cassette and chain in friction mode. Yes, I did set friction mode. I do run friction on my classic roadbikes too and with the huge teeth and rugged chain on them you know your chain sits well. I did enjoy the ride very much however.

Back