Winter clothing

I tried overshoes offroad ofr a while but they cut up and fell off because we did a lot of walking up the steep bits!!

firstly, yup, if you do a lot of walking overshoes arent ideal. I use altura overshoes, really hard wearing. I've tried waterproof overtrousers but found them just to hot most of the time.
in the depths of winter I do use mudguards, crud guard rear & under fork mounted T.H.E front (motorbike following the wheel style). these make a massive difference in reducing surface spray keeping you drier & warmer :)

thanks moon.. interesting idea. If only the batteries were smaller.

Scant, I know how gurads can help, I just can't bring myself to bolt them on a bike. Crudcatcher is as far as I can let myself go.

Usually merino socks and thermal sealskins aren't bad, but when you have iced water spraying over your feet and legs, it hurts as in real pain.

I use overshoes for commuting, and they do work well, but will get torn up offroad for sure, and not a lot of grip :shock:
Still, another trip to Aldi for the £3 neoprene overshoes and it doesn't really matter when they get trashed :)

gump":6khk4dym said:
I use overshoes for commuting, and they do work well, but will get torn up offroad for sure, and not a lot of grip :shock:
Still, another trip to Aldi for the £3 neoprene overshoes and it doesn't really matter when they get trashed :)

theres several makes where the underside is pretty open, so shoes can still grip. I normally add a "press stud" alongside the normal velcro to hold them on.

Back