The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enid_Puceflange":fh2t7gc8 said:
rudymexico":fh2t7gc8 said:
What would be a good price for a Giant CFM frame?

It has no marking as a 1 - 2 or 3 type, it doe not even has the Giant decals, it is bare...

gracias

Depends on if you are either buying or selling ;) :LOL:

Buying...

Shimano Deore XT drivetrain consisting of:

M739 Chainset (4 arm, 175mm)
M739 Rear derailleur (long cage)
M739 Front derailleur (31.8mm, top pull)
M740 Rapidfire shifters
M739 Cassette

All on good, used condition, apart from the front mech which is worn.
Instead of splitting, I thought about selling in one go. Is £100 reasonable?

SP

Orange Clockwork - Circa 1999

Hi All,

It is a sad day as I am needing to sell my Slime Green Orange Clockwork. I purcahsed it new in September 1999, used it for about 3 months, then unexpectedly moved to Australia for a few years. The bike sat in storage until 2 years ago when I started using it again.

It is in great condition and still has all the original parts that I specced it out with when in the shop. The only thing that is different from the picture below is the seat (this particular one was damaged however I have replaced it with another from a 1999 Orange - just doesn't have the blue trim). I have absolutely no idea what something like this would be worth so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg

Cheers!

Re: Orange Clockwork - Circa 1999

Truant":268ulw52 said:
Hi All,

It is a sad day as I am needing to sell my Slime Green Orange Clockwork. I purcahsed it new in September 1999, used it for about 3 months, then unexpectedly moved to Australia for a few years. The bike sat in storage until 2 years ago when I started using it again.

It is in great condition and still has all the original parts that I specced it out with when in the shop. The only thing that is different from the picture below is the seat (this particular one was damaged however I have replaced it with another from a 1999 Orange - just doesn't have the blue trim). I have absolutely no idea what something like this would be worth so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg

Cheers!

Depends on the group set but it should be worth between £200 and £300. ;)

Splatter Paint":348g5sjy said:
Shimano Deore XT drivetrain consisting of:

M739 Chainset (4 arm, 175mm)
M739 Rear derailleur (long cage)
M739 Front derailleur (31.8mm, top pull)
M740 Rapidfire shifters
M739 Cassette

All on good, used condition, apart from the front mech which is worn.
Instead of splitting, I thought about selling in one go. Is £100 reasonable?

SP

I'd say £100 is not too far out and defo reasonable.

Dream Bikes":28nlirlt said:
I have got a Shimano Airlines complete kit. A friend of mine wants to buy it but I don't know how much money I should ask him.
The kit is brande new, still in the original box.
I know that's very rare (especially in NOS condition) but I don't know the real value, could you help me?

22.jpg

i bought a set years back when jensen were closing them out for a couple of hundred dollars. didn't like them and sold them for the same amount.

these days i would have thought $4/500 or so. If you put them on ebay then you could be lucky with bidders and it may get double that.

i guess the price depends how good a friend they are.

I have a Marin Quake 9.0 from 1997. I was looking to upgrade it but it will just take me too much money. Plus i much prefer hardtails.
I know the frame is something of a legend and is incredibly light by even todays standards. I was wondering what do people think as to its value. It still has all the original shocks, crank/chainset and brakes - add anything? In very good nick generally.
I dont have any pictures on here but I can get some if needed.

Thanks

Tom

rudymexico":285iglit said:
What would be a good price for a Giant CFM frame?

It has no marking as a 1 - 2 or 3 type, it doe not even has the Giant decals, it is bare...

gracias
I want to purchase this frame, I just located...

Any ideas on price guys...

gracias

Hi guys,, n girls..

Times change and thoughts towards life is never easy, Personal Issues dictates that my retro bikes are to be sold.

I'll be looking to sell ...

1996/97 Tom Ritchey Full race spec P20, this will be supplied with a very special 'Tuned' Sid 1" fork, and also a set of Ritchey Logic rigid forks ,fully kitted with some dream parts :) weighing next to nothing, :),, ...

I've got any amount of photos of this bike :)

IMGP1246.jpg

My recently acquired Gary Fisher 1988 Mt Tam , which is built up with full non period spec M732/33/M735, full XT, U brake, running 7 speed not 6, XT thumbies,grab ons, bulge bars etc,,

Will be finished in a weeks time , so update on picture to selected buyer..

IMGP2086.jpg

And finally my Look MI80 running a mix of Shimano M735/Tioga and Ritchey components.. supplied also with a Ritchey Logic rigid fork, stunning bike,,, ,

Again more photos to selected buyer when I come to sell..

IMGP1536.jpg

I want these bikes to stay within the UK Retrobike community,,, .. with one exception, .......Bas (Defiant).. who originally sold me the Ritchey would get first shout ..... if he declines then the Ritchey is to stay within the UK......

I've no intention of splitting or parting out components,, the bikes will be sold complete.....

Because of this I'm not sure how much their market values are, I know how much they cost me , but I'm fully aware I have to be realistic , so can you guys give me some advice on what they are worth..

Many thanks

Sith..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back