1993 Orange Clockwork. *Small Update 8/2/2011*

Thanks chaps and looking forward to seeing what you come up with poolio. ;)

My Clockwork's still in this spec (but has gained a Flite) but I'm still thinking of changes. Can't stop thinking I want to build it with full 1993 LX groupo, black Stalk stem and black seat post so it looks like the one in the shop bitd :?

I've tried lots of others but this is still my favourite retro bike to ride. :cool:

Slight update time.

After toying with the idea of losing all the neon and going rigid I've gone back to nearly the original build. I've finally addressed the seat post issue and got my hands on a very tidy Syncros unit. I've also replaced the neon Taperlites with some black Syncros bars (thanks boy"O"boy ;) ) as it reminded me too much of a Palisades before. I'm after a black Syncros stem to complete the look but 1" aheads are like rocking horse chod. Got a 1" Syncros quill on the way but will need to change the headset and steerer :roll: Comments welcome as always.

Attachments

• Clockwork 022.jpg
    Clockwork 022.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Clockwork 023.jpg
    Clockwork 023.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 1,720
  • Clockwork 021.jpg
    Clockwork 021.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,720
Here's a picture of the abandoned toned down rigid look without the planned black LX canti's. The grey Mavic 231's on M900 hubs will be the wheels of choice once I've had a look at the bearings. I know the barends are not to everyones taste and I prefer the look of the bike without them but it's the retro bike I ride the most so like the position options they give.

Attachments

• Clockwork 019.jpg
    Clockwork 019.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,718
  • Clockwork 020.jpg
    Clockwork 020.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,718
  • Clockwork 016.jpg
    Clockwork 016.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,718
Love the Clockwork - very tidy!!

Would the clockwork have been the same colour as the '92 AluO?
It's a silver/grey but it was a matt finish - not gloss.

Not sure if you can see from this....

main.php

Thanks carge ;) The original Clockwork would have been the same colour as the 'O' and it was the look I was trying to reproduce. Had to do it pretty much from memory when I got the powdercoating done as I couldn't find and silver/grey Oranges to compare it with. Typically a whole load of them turned up once I'd got the paint finished! :roll: :LOL:

Hang about!

The 1993 Clockwork came in a gloss grey, non metallic.
The silver O was indeed slightly metallic and had a slightly matt quality about it as I have used on my 97/98 Clockwork.
So the 2 guys currently posting their Grey ones are spot on as my memory serves. :D

You're gonna ruin that carpet!

Seriously though, I've seen this frame in the metal and it looks stunning. The pics don't do it justice.

On your recommendation, taking the Kona to Triple S shortly, when I can find time to get over there.

azaro":248en0bq said:
You're gonna ruin that carpet!

Seriously though, I've seen this frame in the metal and it looks stunning. The pics don't do it justice.

On your recommendation, taking the Kona to Triple S shortly, when I can find time to get over there.

Can always get another carpet! :oops: :LOL:

Looking forward to seeing what your Kona turns out like mate ;)

Really really like your build on this, :cool:

And if the neon gets a bit much for you, there's always the 2010 limited edition Magura's in Orange.... ;) ;)

Latest posts

Back