Santa Cruz Superlight

He was kindof unsure, wasn't he? First he thought it was a medium, then an Extra large... I think it's a large, 20" seat tube and 22.5" top. Just about the right dimensions for me!
Nearly finished now! :D

Finally managed to get out for a bit of a ride, and , I must say, I like it!
The back end feels a bit waggly at times, but it climbs like a goat, with no wander at all, is reasonably flickable, but carves flowing singletrack beautifully, and is also very composed on the downs. I like this propedal lark; works a treat! The bottom bracket seems a bit low though. What length shock are these supposed to have? It has a 200mm RP summat, and there's probably about 12mm to the seat tube.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,576
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 2,575
single pivot is proven :cool:

if there is a gap you could probablyget away with fitting a bigger shock, just make sure the swingarm doesnt hit the frame, maybe put a bit of rubber there or such
if you get abigger shock that is
im considering it too
there is a 15mm gap :?
i think thats the right shock though

The gap is only 10-12mm. A 215 is going to be too long. :cry:
The problem is, that whith the shock fully deflated, the black swing arm brace touches the seat tube. Whether it would in use, under full compression, I don't know. :?

Are those magura forks? Haven't heard much about them or riden them was wondering if they are any good?

coomber":2z39brji said:
Are those magura forks? Haven't heard much about them or riden them was wondering if they are any good?
Yup, they're Magura Ronins; 110mm travel, 1450gm, ultra adjustable, and, yes, they are good! :D
They're not as plush as their modern forks, but they're light, and stiff as!
I bought a pair of Ebay Menjas a couple of years ago. I've since bought another pair of Menjas, these, and two sets of Quakes from 2000/1. They've all been very impressive! :cool: I like 'em!

coomber":1i2haf25 said:

Meant to be very good and quit light and 200hr service intervals, but i think there is a weight limit with the maguras and it aint a lot, or is that just the carbon ones?

Back