98 Club Roost DH8, finished for now 9/10/10

cyfa2809":1gc5wc3u said:
effing hell!
meaty much?!
its like 'the boss bull' of the bike world

32t ring?! at least go 34 or 36!!
especially with the larger cassette
look at blackspire ds1 or similar or truvativ box guides
specifically the top 'runner' part of the blackspire ;)

That's a 42 on there, the bike makes it look like a 32 :LOL: , will have a look at the guides suggested, may look at Azonic too surely an Azonic guide would work with Azonic cranks :?

Need to sort something out though, not tried it offroad yet but the chain definetely wont stay on.

Needless to say the bike weighs an absolute ton, at least 40lb, 42-44 i'd guess :LOL:

Markie, I thought you could fit more spacers to one side than the other? push the chainline over?

kaiser":25anugmc said:
Markie, I thought you could fit more spacers to one side than the other? push the chainline over?

The chainline is the problem, if i move the cranks over enough to clear the rollers chainline is miles out, recon i'll need to ditch the outer ring and run a middle with an outer plate of some kind.

Very pleased with the cranks though :D , will get them to work somehow, i'll give you the dough for them at the Tress ;)

Cheers for the positive comments guys ;)

looking good there :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

not sure it'll fit me now :oops: but i wanna shot :LOL:

oh , just noticed your missing the proper hope front mount for the brake , i have a spare ;)

big.eck":1yty7v4f said:
looking good there :shock: :shock: :shock: :D

not sure it'll fit me now :oops: but i wanna shot :LOL:

oh , just noticed your missing the proper hope front mount for the brake , i have a spare ;)

Cheers Eck ;) , the 24's have made a bit of a difference to the size, feels less like a full suss Penny Farthing :LOL:

Will get the adapter off you, no rush, the Shimano one works but it's not ideal.

coomber":1yty7v4f said:
They are Club Roost pedals. CNCd body. Replaceable pins. Very nice they are too.

Ah, cheers :cool:, came free with a set of cranks :LOL:

This is such a cool bike! Looks like you could drop off the Sun and not bottom it out!

This is my idea of fun! Huge gaps and drops! We have a big disused quarry this would be well at home in!

JamesMatlock":2asu3tdj said:
This is such a cool bike! Looks like you could drop off the Sun and not bottom it out!

This is my idea of fun! Huge gaps and drops! We have a big disused quarry this would be well at home in!

Cheers ;) , dont know about "huge gaps and drops", sounds a bit scary, i did jump off some stairs (3) in the town centre thismorning :LOL:

Rides great, one problem i did find though is i cant run it for long with the seat that low, 1/2 hour and my lower back was done in, i chopped the post (stupidly) and put it that low because it looks better on this style of bike (as with the angled saddle), thought i could live with it but just not practical so going to get a longer post, maybe a remote drop one.

Back