27 and a quarter tubes

rocky mountain

Devout Dirtbag
hi,

we are sorting out a ladies puegot from the 1980's.
where the hell do i get the above tubes in presta, been looking on chain reaction.

help appreciated

cheers
s

Been asking myself the same question over the ast couple of days, because I think I might have bought a bike with sprint rims, that only take tubular tyres. Sheldon Brown reackons that tubular tyres were never made in different sizes for 27 inch and 700 c wheels; the same size tyre was (and is) described as both 700c and 27 inch....

http://sheldonbrown.com/gloss_tp-z.html#tubular

The tube size written on the box has no impact on the function of the tube itself. As long as you do not need to stretch the tube to get it to fit over the rim (likewise you do not want it to need to be folded over itself to get it inside the tyre), you can readily go with a smaller/larger tube without problem. To better understand, simply inflate a tube on its own, it will inflate to many times the original size and well beyond the tire diameter indicated on the box or on the tube itself. For the most part it will also maintain the exact same pucture resistance.

makes complete sense, tubes can get alarmingly big when you blow them up for punctures..

now; where do i source tyres if these ones are shot?

Citoyen du monde":2ry105lk said:
The tube size written on the box has no impact on the function of the tube itself. As long as you do not need to stretch the tube to get it to fit over the rim (likewise you do not want it to need to be folded over itself to get it inside the tyre), you can readily go with a smaller/larger tube without problem. To better understand, simply inflate a tube on its own, it will inflate to many times the original size and well beyond the tire diameter indicated on the box or on the tube itself. For the most part it will also maintain the exact same pucture resistance.

My LBS has them, shouldn't be a problem. I'm surprised they're difficult to get. Try a more 'old fashioned' general dealer rather then a trendy one.

rocky mountain":o9exksd3 said:
makes complete sense, tubes can get alarmingly big when you blow them up for punctures..

now; where do i source tyres if these ones are shot?
Where in Herts are you as I've loads of used 27" tubes & secondly 27" tyres are readily available on tinternet & at very good prices delivered to your door. Depends on what you're after.

Back