Roadie pedals.

if you are going to use the bike as a road bike , I mean 3 hours + rides , then get some proper raod pedals .
they are a lot more rigid .

Not my cuppa yet chris. By the way, a big thank you for the bargain XTR rear mech. It works a treat....cheers mate!

cchris2lou":19ukicch said:
if you are going to use the bike as a road bike , I mean 3 hours + rides , then get some proper raod pedals .
they are a lot more rigid .

I don't know if there's a lot in it now, it used to be the case but most of the extra stiffness comes from the shoes these days :)

My Shimano mtb shoes are quite flexible, my Shimano road shoes are like clogs :LOL:

I meant the combination , shoe , pedal.
I use Look pedals and cleats and it is a lot more rigid compared to my SPDs on the MTB .

but yes , they are a nightmare in town .

cchris2lou":2h9alevq said:
I meant the combination , shoe , pedal.
I use Look pedals and cleats and it is a lot more rigid compared to my SPDs on the MTB .

but yes , they are a nightmare in town .

I've got some Look pedals from about 2001 in Celeste green ( off a Bianchi ) at the moment their stuck solid in a 105 chainset :?

If I eventually get them off your welcome to them :) or have Look pedals changed too much since then to be of any use to you ?

Cheers
Steve

Jones":yno2j9k3 said:
or have Look pedals changed too much since then to be of any use to you ?

hope not, could do with some new cleats for my sidi shoes and campag pedals from early 90s

I still like my old Look ARCS as the cleat is huge and they therefore don't cause any nasty pressure points on your feet which I do find using MTB SPD's on the road.

IMHO ;)

send me the chainset and I ll get them off for you . :LOL:

my look pedals are 1998 ish I think . they still work great .

Stick legs is spot on though . the pressure of the cleat in the pedal is better with large cleats than SPDS .

Back