10-10-10 1st Anniversary Ride for NW&NW Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dragging my neighbour Jim along on his modern Specialized, what's the betting he's on the lookout for a retro ride next week?

stewlewis":rmwtw8pg said:
I'm dragging my neighbour Jim along on his modern Specialized, what's the betting he's on the lookout for a retro ride next week?

What size is he, I'll bring something along before the missus kills me for 'over-stocking'...! :LOL:

Crud and I recently rode the Marin trail with some old school friends that we had not seen in years who exclusively ride modern and expensive. While they found the retro bikes cool looking there was just no convincing them that retro is the way. Some had a ride up the hill on the fireroad on Cruds Parkpre, after some initial "bloody hell how low down is the front" "wow its very fast" they were generally surprised how they managed to ride these bikes BITD. Nobody wanted to ride the downhills on it and thought we were mad, they were quite comfortable on their full suss and discs which in fainess they do ride quite fast. Some people have truly been brainwashed beyond redemption so it will be interesting to see your neighbours reaction :D

Remember to bring cash for the café. You can pay by card but it means a walk over to the bike shop to do so and there is a minimum charge.

Oh and parking is £3.50

Easy_Rider":1ee7ccsw said:
You can pay by card but there is a minimum charge.

I can't imagine I'll have a great deal of trouble reaching the card-payment threshold in the cafe... :oops: ;)

Incidentally, if anyone has a long M3 bolt, say 25mm or more, I'd really appreciate it! I want to replace a front mech stop adjuster with a longer bolt so that it I can push it in much further & run middle-ring only :cool:

Ta!

Easy_Rider":zz0pyw6w said:
Remember to bring cash for the café. You can pay by card but it means a walk over to the bike shop to do so and there is a minimum charge.

Oh and parking is £3.50
I feel personally that as current "World Champion" You should get the butties in Gav then we don't have to worry about something as common as money :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back