98 Club Roost DH8, finished for now 9/10/10

Loving this build, its giving me lots of inspiration for the Orange. Really glad I am not alone in building an old school bouncer.

Keep up the good work :cool:

OMG That thing is mad bad and mean!.

Likeing the paint job alot, it just stands out and shouts Im unique look at me and dare beat my downhill times if you dare!.

Just spent 10 mins :shock: of bike relaxation reading this thread thanks

Passiflora :LOL:

Pretty much done and riding barring a few tweeks, will need a chain device/retainer of some sort but the crank arm is very tight to the chainring, tried an old MRP roller one and the cranks hit the rollers pretty bad :? , it goes and stops for now anyway :)

Gave up on the old DH4 brakes i bought (needing serviced) and went for Mono6's, bought on E-bay last monday collected from the PO thismorning, a bit luckier with these as they are nice with no issues at all, even came with the 203mm adaptors so fitted straight on, running these with 203mm discs at both ends , rear is needing another bleed and i've still to fit my spare Goodridge hose to the front.

Went for burly steel Azonic cranks with an ISIS axle, pedals are vicious double cage things (dont know the make but they seem high quality)

Would also like a longer stem than the zero reach one thats on there, maybe go for a 50mm.

clubroost1.jpg

clubroost2.jpg

clubroost3.jpg

mono61.jpg

mono62.jpg

Crank tight against chainring, seemingly no space to run a chain retainer/roller would need to space crank right out to run a decent size middle ring :? .

cranks.jpg

Ive got a name for it "PEPERAMI" cause its a bit of a animal ;)

:shock: Six pots front and rear, are you scared of a bit of speed :LOL:
You got more brakes than my Buell has.

Attachments

• imagesCANB737Q.jpg
    imagesCANB737Q.jpg
    2 KB · Views: 6,142
OK, but where is engine? :p Thought that will be enduro motorbike. Seen half build in the flesh, it's a real beast :shock: Freaking thing. I'm really jealous now.
Love the cranks BTW, good choice.

effing hell!
meaty much?!
its like 'the boss bull' of the bike world

32t ring?! at least go 34 or 36!!
especially with the larger cassette
look at blackspire ds1 or similar or truvativ box guides
specifically the top 'runner' part of the blackspire ;)

Back