L'Eroica 2010 - ride report

L'Eroica

Hi Ed

superb report and pictures, makes the legs hurt.

am so impressed that I am going to run

' L'Erioka 2011 Ynys Mon'

over my favourite training rides on the isle of anglesey, both tarmac and farm tracks.

will be a charity ride possibly for the Air Ambulance and a childrens charity.

will be around 70 miles or a short one 30 miles

rules will be simple

road/cross bikes but must be fitted with the following :-

Quill handlebar stem so no ahead

gear levers on the down tube or on the handlebar ends or single fixed/single speed

Alloy wheel rims and a minimum of 28 spokes front and rear ok Bamboo ones if anyone has any straight ones !!!

No Carbon seatposts/handlebars/chainset

rest is free

will keep a regular update.

Orbeas.....
That sounds a great idea, a proper retro event run on similar lines to the Italian one, this sounds really cool.
Maybe John could do a sticky for this event........
Mike....

Re: L'Eroica

orbeas":2zoitob3 said:
Hi Ed

superb report and pictures, makes the legs hurt.

am so impressed that I am going to run

' L'Erioka 2011 Ynys Mon'

over my favourite training rides on the isle of anglesey, both tarmac and farm tracks.

will be a charity ride possibly for the Air Ambulance and a childrens charity.

will be around 70 miles or a short one 30 miles

rules will be simple

road/cross bikes but must be fitted with the following :-

Quill handlebar stem so no ahead

gear levers on the down tube or on the handlebar ends or single fixed/single speed

Alloy wheel rims and a minimum of 28 spokes front and rear ok Bamboo ones if anyone has any straight ones !!!

No Carbon seatposts/handlebars/chainset

rest is free

will keep a regular update.

This does sound good, when in the year are you thinking of running it?

And, more importantly, why does the oblique loom tube not feature in your rules?

Report up on the front page next week, have used some pics. Hope this is ok ;)

Get write-up, chaps. I was seriously interested but was already committed to going to a friend's wedding in the same region (Vagliagi, just N of Siena) last weekend - ie the weekend after - and doing both wasn't an option, sadly. The countryside around there is magnificent, but our hire car was having a bit of trouble on some strade bianchi so I dread to think how I'd have fared on a road bike!

Ed - in an earlier thread you mentioned looking into wool RetroBike jerseys. Did anything ever come of that line of enquiry?

Cheers,
Gareth.

garethrl":19cc70c4 said:
Ed - in an earlier thread you mentioned looking into wool RetroBike jerseys. Did anything ever come of that line of enquiry?

I would be up for one of these too. And wool shorts if we could get a deal.

Latest posts

Back