Can someone help me please? I'm panicing.

sisyphus":21zd2hui said:
Easy_Rider":21zd2hui said:
its actually illegal to do so.

We should drop that as an idea then!!

That wasn't the idea ..

I was going to bid high, buy it, 'send it back' under the 2 weeks no quibble and get my money back. Then it could be sold properly.
But like I said ebay fees would still be incurred.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Ha... I sent you a question on that..... The other big bob!

If you go to your items for sale window, next to it on the right there is a drop down box.... Click that, then on the list it will say " end item" or similar..... Click that, give a lame reason, then relist with a reserve of what you want for it and a buy it now slightly higher..... That way it will still run as an auction, but they can hit buy it now if they want....

Just a little story about "buy it now" prices and auctions:

I used to sell quite a bit on ebay. One time I offered a rather unusual set of Cinelli handlebars for sale. I knew that they would bring quite a bit of interest and looked forward to selling them quick for a "fair" price. I set the "buy it now" price at just over what I had guessed would be the "fair" price thinking that because of the rarity of the part, there would be some collector who would jump immediately to buy them at the price. I was very disappointed when somebody put in a low-ball bid that removed the "buy it now" option (meaning that I had paid extra for the "buy it now" option and nobody couldmake use of it). I was even more upset when with 2 hours remaining in the auction, I went to bed with the price less than 1/4 of what I had set the "buy it now" at.

I was very upset and was kicking myself for not putting a reserve and couldn't get to sleep. I ended up getting back up out of bed just in time to watch the last 3 minutes of the bidding. The bidding went from less than $50 to $200 with a minute to go. What a relief, my estimate had in fact been reached. What totally blew me away however was the last 20 seconds... with the price going to $300, then $500, then over $1000. Then to make things even more exciting, the under-bidder then emailed me asking whether I could help him find another set...

Attachments

• manubrio logo cinelli2.JPG
    manubrio logo cinelli2.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,063
The way to truly maximise your sale is is 99p start, no reserve, good description, lots of nice pictures, an end time about 7pm Sunday and nerves of steel, because nowadays people hold off bidding until the last 30 seconds. Whatever your selling will reach its market value.

Cheers for the advice lads. My first mistake was using their " easy sale " option which doesn't have a reserve. I'll take your very good advice and re-advertise with a reserve. Panic over.

Not much to add but I always take a deep breath and start at 99p. The item will sell at what ever people are prepared to pay for it.

Make so the auction ends early evening/ weekend so that people are home and are ready to bid.

I put an amplifier up for sale,99p start, it went on to sell for £235 plus postage via ebay.

Back