Can someone help me please? I'm panicing.

Agency_Scum

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I'm selling my Bob Jackson frame and fork on Ebay but the bloody Buy It Now price of £170 has disappeared.

WTF?!!!!!

What's happened?

Did it have a Buy It Now AND an auction, i.e. the option to place a starting bid lower than the Buy It Now? Or just a Buy It Now?

If it had the option to place a lower opening bid than the Buy It Now, as far as I know the Buy It Now disappears once the first bid is placed and an auction is then started.
The only situation that I've seen this not happen, is when there is also a reserve price that is set higher than whatever the opening bid is set to be, then the B.I.N. remains in place until the reserve is met.

If you only had a B.I.N. then I have no idea and second your WTF!

Does that make sense?

Daniel

I had a B.I.N. and an auction. Have I ballsed up and can I pull the stupid bloody thing ( by the way, thanks a shedload Ebay for making that REALLY crystal clear ).

Once someone's bid you'll not be able to change anything, so either you'll either need to let it run or, yes, you can choose to 'end the auction early'. Should appear in the bunch of options at the top on your items page I think.

You might be better setting a new auction with a reserve and a Buy It Now. I've never done it, but it seems as though you can reduce your reserve price at any point over the course of the auction. So if you have bids you can lower the reserve later to be less than the bids if your willing to let it go for less, if you know what I mean. And even still have a B.I.N set to tempt people! Knowing Ebay it'll cost to add a reserve price though!!!

Hope this has been of some help.

Daniel

I assume it must be
I'm crap at selling so let's start with the 2 week money-back NO QUIBBLE guarantee. ?

So must be so true :LOL:

Hope you sort it out, can bid up if you want and you'll take it back after 2 weeks and you'll be still stung for fees.
I'd not bother mentioning the no quibble money back bit.
It's an auction, sold as described and seen.

It's how I always sell my stuff. Avoids lots of crap and differences of opinion about " excellent " condition.

Agency_Scum":o7neih8f said:
I'm selling my Bob Jackson frame and fork on Ebay but the bloody Buy It Now price of £170 has disappeared.

WTF?!!!!!

What's happened?

Did you put it on so that if someone bid, but did not use the BIN feature the auction then proceeds in the normal bidding way ie with the price going up in incremental bids? Might have been worth putting a reserve on it. Bottom line it is your auction you can pull it at any time, subject to any fees that evilbay will want. You can then restart the auction. Im assuming there are bids on it already?

Back