Forrest of dean ride Saturday 16th October

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAS":a14svm1g said:
Would like to come but due to be heading off to Belgium that day - hoping to negotiate a slightly later start to the holiday!

Yep - I'm in - have negotiated and I'm allowed out!

So see you there!

weeman_mtb":2nbq6d6h said:
Well the 16th is drawing closer, can we establish whether this is a goer and sort out a meeting point.

I've never been here before so a postcode would be ideal as I'm going to need some help from the satnav.

Meet at the Pedalabikeaway carpark at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start. Address is Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre, Cannop Valley, Nr Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 7EH

ededwards":1cdrjq1l said:
weeman_mtb":1cdrjq1l said:
Well the 16th is drawing closer, can we establish whether this is a goer and sort out a meeting point.

I've never been here before so a postcode would be ideal as I'm going to need some help from the satnav.

Meet at the Pedalabikeaway carpark at 10 a.m. for a 10.30 a.m. start. Address is Pedalabikeaway Cycle Centre, Cannop Valley, Nr Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 7EH

Not sure if the postcode takes you to the right place - I'm local so never use a SATNAV to get there but I seem to remember that other people have commented on this for previous rides.

See link below for directions from the centre website.

http://www.pedalabikeaway.co.uk/findus.html

Also worth remembering change for parking currently £3.50.

Was up there earlier today and it was good riding although a littlemuddy from recent rain. Let's hope the weather is as good next weekend!

Oh.....and I may have persuaded my riding companion of today to put some decent tyres on her "old enough to be retro" Cannondale and join is - so let's see if she does.

Enjoyed it so much last time I'm coming back for more, and have talked Imnotanumber-06 (John) into coming along.

Rob

Ok, a week to go and it's looking like a tidy little group:

Del
Ed
Weeman_mtb
Smithy
Grannygrinder
CAS (+1?)
Sinnett177
RC200ti

Silly me.... only learned from Ed tonight that all the chat was on this post for the West Midlands and not Chris's one in the main forum, as all I saw there was lots of lookers, but no takers.

So I assumed we'd had no response. Doh !! ...D

doh!

How could we resist your guiding Del? I've even postponed my holiday for a day so I could come!

Wait until I tell you what happened to my brother when we went without you recently!

A quick ride in the Forest today and conditions were great - a bit of mud in places but generally pretty dry with a light dusting of pine needles so if the weather holds for the week we should be in for a good one.

ededwards":262z8zea said:
A quick ride in the Forest today and conditions were great - a bit of mud in places but generally pretty dry with a light dusting of pine needles so if the weather holds for the week we should be in for a good one.

Pretty much what I said in my post on Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back