And today I did......

Today, once again I realised that I have far too many bikes again. I can't get my head around why I have them and what they are for.

I stripped the Cotic down last night to put all the parts on my new Spitfire. Polished the frame up and then convinced myself to hang onto it and just build it back up with cheap bits as a winter rigid singlespeed.

Not a bad idea, but Simonside is giving me his Kona Humuhumuthing which I was going to use as an all weather drum braked winter rigid singlespeed. Is having a modern and retro winter bike just silly, or even greedy??

The disc braked Yo Eddy has stopped me from riding the Wicked at RB meets, but I don't want to part with either.

The Pace and Cannondale are garage queens / riding to the shop bikes and I don't want to part with either for sentimental reasons.

The Klunker is great for many uses and gets plenty of action so will stay.

Too many bikes again. Too may reasons to keep them all again.

Actually sounds like you need one more...

Velominati Rule 12: The minimum number of bikes one should own is three. The correct number is n+1, where n is the number of bikes currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of bikes owned that would result in separation from your partner.

If anything I would let the humunanana go as I'm not a big fan and I can't pronounce it.

you mean you can have too MANY bikes :shock:

let me know when i get near that please

I've gone and bought another set of forks - the '96 Zokes from the For Sale forum, and this has resulted in a change of plan for the Sunn full suss I'm building very slowly. As they're the same year I'm thinking of putting them on instead of the NOS Mozo Pros I have waiting to go on (which in turn could go on a NOS Muddy Fox Challenger frame I bought a while back and have no real need for). Just need to find a 1" steerer and shim for them now.

Also having notions about putting 24" wheels on my recently recovered Norco, to make something of a mini DH bike for the fun parts of trail centres. As usual, all this is being paid for with imaginary money.

Oh, and I'm sleeping "rough" in Holyrood Park tonight to raise money for a homeless children's charity.

Rumble":1mqtqrek said:
Oh, and I'm sleeping "rough" in Holyrood Park tonight to raise money for a homeless children's charity.

Good show, rather you than me though ;)

Had my first (brakeless) ride of the DH8 up and down my street, feels absolute bonkers :LOL:

Got the drivetrain together, need some kind of chain retainer thing, not 100% happy with the crank spider (steel Azonic cranks), waiting on a set of Hope Mono 6 brakes bought off the bay of E on Monday (gave up on the others bought off here) then it's just about done i think.

After all that i may sell it :LOL: , if i'm going to sell i'd be better now while it's fresh and mint, it's an awesome thing but i feel i will never use it to anywhere near it's potential, also may kill myself trying :LOL:

Back