Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Yellow Saracen ???? on eBay!

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, but have a look at this, looks pretty good condition! Not sure of the model or year and looks like quite a large frame too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mountain-bike-goo ... 35ace1ffd8

Apologies if someone on here is the current bidder :oops:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just thought I'd join in with the Saracen love!

Yesterday I bought Coomber's 1991 Trekker Hydrotech:

IMG_3799.jpg

and I'm in the process of trying to sort out some original'ish bits for a 1993/4 Sahara:

The Trekker (which is in insanely good condition for a 19 year old bike!) is going to be a rider, and having had a quick spin on it I think I'll have to put a shorter stem on it - it's just so long! Would a Tioga T-Bone be a suitable period replacement do you think? As luck would have it my Dad has 2 or 3 in a drawer his shed :cool:

Glad it's gone to a good home mate. It is a stretched ride with that stem! T Bone way ahead I reckon. Tidy sahara as well, looks just as mint!

ajantom":3rbwes34 said:
Just thought I'd join in with the Saracen love!

Yesterday I bought Coomber's 1991 Trekker Hydrotech:

The Trekker (which is in insanely good condition for a 19 year old bike!) is going to be a rider, and having had a quick spin on it I think I'll have to put a shorter stem on it - it's just so long! Would a Tioga T-Bone be a suitable period replacement do you think? As luck would have it my Dad has 2 or 3 in a drawer his shed :cool:

It was in great condition but as you say, the stem is wayyyy long! Have to try and find another orange one though!

My friend Tom and I with our Trekkers in 1988.

:D

Attachments

• trekker2_132.jpg
    trekker2_132.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 2,012
  • trekker1_996.jpg
    trekker1_996.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 2,011
Re: Yellow Saracen ???? on eBay!

Frogskins":36en1vin said:
Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, but have a look at this, looks pretty good condition! Not sure of the model or year and looks like quite a large frame too.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mountain-bike-goo ... 35ace1ffd8

Apologies if someone on here is the current bidder :oops:

Yes, I saw that too, but am not bidding.

It seems odd though,a few years back when I got my '93 tufftrax elite, old Saracen mtbs, were not really apparent on fleabay, as I searched for about six months to get what I was looking for, but now, it seems hardly a day goes by without an old Saracen coming up, and the older models at that, which in the past, I remember just weren't around or at least named beyond mountain bike

With the cycle scene, is there a retro Saracen cult reforming here ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Saracen Special Edition - 1992 approx

Thought I ought to add my pics to this post.... just re-visiting my youth, had this bike since I was 15/16 and still feels magic to ride....

Attachments

• IMG_5578.JPG
    IMG_5578.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 1,926
  • IMG_5583.JPG
    IMG_5583.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,927
  • IMG_5579.JPG
    IMG_5579.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,927
  • IMG_5581.JPG
    IMG_5581.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,926
Finally got myself a Saracen again after far too long without one :D

Its Lewis1641's 1993 Traverse and once its new Vetta SL arrives it will be completely original right down to the Z-Max tyres and Ritchey true grips.

More pics to follow when its finished ;)

Traverse.jpg

My Saracens - 1987 model almost totally original and a great ride!

DSCF4972a.jpg

DSCF4959.jpg

and recently restored (at bargain basement price) 1988 model!

DSCF5021.jpg

DSCF5020.jpg

Back