Magura knowledge?

taking the other side...

i can't see how they'd be usable without the boosters. the steel paramount frame in my avatar flexes badly without the booster...even the beefy unicrown fork!

I've got more or less the same model on my Saracens, can't adjust the width of them at all, am I missing the obvious?

ive tried to use maguras on a few different frames but they tend to feel a bit squishy with the flex they produce.
the booster also acts as a kind of guard for the link hose too.

Gonzalez":wliy0ahd said:
I've got more or less the same model on my Saracens, can't adjust the width of them at all, am I missing the obvious?

the earlier versions didnt have too much adjustment.

If you look at the later pics that are posted you will see a adjustable post to the top of the mount.

This mount can be swung into or away from the rim giving better adjustment.

mm doesn't that post just sit against the frame though? as moving it away would put the pad at the wrong angle?

the post can be used to move the pad closer, if the pad sits at the wrong angle , just adjust it in the mounting.

They can be moved about to suit most rim/tyres combo.

thanks guys i think ill leave the boosters on, the back end on my kilauea flexes as it is, so better safe than sorry, :D

It is a wise idea to leave them on.
My mate would often claim that he could see my rear triangle flexing under the strain, especailly when it was wet...
(Sounds like I'm writing for a top shelf magazine)
...With the boosters on, it makes a more positve feel, with very little flex.
I use carbon boosters on my other bikes...no weight to carry! I don't use them on the front with my Pace RC36's because the forks have enough bracing to cope. And carbon boosters aren't cheap as a rule.

and they look better too!!

My mate machined mine up for me, these weigh very little :D

Attachments

• 13072007199 (Medium).jpg
    13072007199 (Medium).jpg
    99 KB · Views: 1,390
Back