Macretro Glentress National - Organisational Notes

I will bring a big 20ft x 12ft instant marquee thing and pop it up in the Freeride park car park for lunch. I'll also bring a big tool set, bike stands and the like for mid day fettling should it be needed. Could also bring the BBQ if anyone is up for meat based lunchables?

I'm not sure how much riding I'm going to be doing due to my limp wrists but will be there in a support role if nothing else.

Looks like Mrs S is oot on the Friday night so if I can arrange sitters for the kids I might come up fri night and camp for the craic.

RobMac":2xqhk1rl said:
kaiser":2xqhk1rl said:
One thing on the freeride timed bit how do you know when to start?

Walkie Talkies :roll:

Couple of thoughts on this....

1, Very busy on a Saturday. Also quite public if anyone makes a twat of themselves :oops:

2, big jumpy bits and competetive natures don't mix- look at the casualties when we ran timed sections on last years BDW !

3, it's rather short, you might have several riders posting the same times.

Do you not think spooky would be a better idea? Plenty for folk to get their teeth into and the jumps are less extreme for tatty old bikes?

As for timing, 2 sync'd watches, set the riders away at 30 sec intervals with rider 1 going at a pre determined time. Keep it simple- don't bank on walky talkies working. Small White labels with number on, fixed to helmet helps and get rider to shout oot number as the finish helps too. Made timing 30 plus riders at BDW so much easier.
Ian Simonside could help with the timing side of things- he is a UCI Commisaire thingy and knows that shit.

has anyone approached the gt managment about this ?
they might have some input

the old trail to the east of the new blue funpark bit might be better suited to old bikes &bodies for timed stuff ,just a thought

Not good to tell GT we have an organised event with organised activities. They'll insist on Insurance, H&S studies etc. Just do stuff adhoc and informal.

DaveDH and I had a daft idea a few years ago involving time trialing down spooky on kids bikes. I asked GT if we could, they got all serious and basically said no unless we could get all the insurance, sponsorship, first aid etc put in place.

Also might not get away with a Marqee in freeride car park, wardens etc might cause trouble :roll:

kinda thought that would be the case :roll:
just a wee glimer of hope thats all

so where's the camping ?

Back