Orange Evo 02

JeRkY":326jhq52 said:
Hi Anthony, are you the guy who sold his Rocky full susp frame on ebay this morning, if yes, Hi im the guy who missed the auction by 6 minutes and has spent all day kicking himself :(

Hi JeRkY, no I'm not! What a strange auction that was. The parts might fetch £41 with a following wind, so basically the buyer got most of a frame for £0. Mind you, you could have done with some decals, and the colour is an acquired taste (or not).

My frame is an Element 2002 Team Scandium in size 16.5 and it's not going anywhere (except out on the Sussex Downs). I think that Carve might be about the same vintage as mine and I think it's basically the same as an Element, isn't it? According to RM it's only half a pound heavier than the scandium frame (mine weighed 5.4 last time it was naked, but a 19 would be a bit more). Paid £500 for my frame, got it off a lady racer who had been sponsored on it in 2002/3 and was getting a new frame for 2004.

Still, you do see RM FS frames on eBay quite often, maybe the next one will be even better.

No reply on frame size when I asked, think I might have to let this one pass. After reading through the auction terms and conditions I get the feeling whoever's selling woundn't know anyway. Shame.

I might have to look for something a bit more retro, as long as it's got an Orange badge of course!

dainesefreak":p6ko4rt3 said:
No reply on frame size when I asked, think I might have to let this one pass. After reading through the auction terms and conditions I get the feeling whoever's selling woundn't know anyway. Shame.

I might have to look for something a bit more retro, as long as it's got an Orange badge of course!

That was a 17 from the look of it - you can tell from where on the rear wheel the top tube is pointing. Went for a fairly bargainaceous price, they often do when the seller doesn't know what they're selling. don't they?

If you look at this one, that is said to be a 17, the tt is pointing at the same part of the wheel imho
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORANGE-EVO-02-MOU ... dZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Doesn't help when people fit long travel forks to frame that weren't designed for them :roll:

If you are after a decent Orange, just be patient. They come up all the time and you shouldn't have to wait too long for one that actually has a sympathetic build.

Tallpaul":gc2j3o7x said:
Doesn't help when people fit long travel forks to frame that weren't designed for them :roll:

If you are after a decent Orange, just be patient. They come up all the time and you shouldn't have to wait too long for one that actually has a sympathetic build.

Spot on. 100% correct
When i looked at this sale i just thought 'What have they done' :shock:

I decided to give it a miss, I just wasn't happy with it. I got no reply to questions and it looked quite dirty close up. I know dirt's nothing really, but I'd like to think if you're going to sell something it's presented as well as can be and I'm probably over cautious with Ebay.

I've been trying to get dannyboy over in the For Sale section to sell me his C16, no luck yet ;). I'd like to get something sorted fairly soonish now my Bugaboo is on a promise to the missus. The thought of something from my youth keeps me patient though.

I'm happy for some helpful advice chaps, no need to shy!

Back