What's it worth

dannyboy

Retro Newbie
Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have a question rather than a sale....

I own an Orange C16R circa 1995. Its in good condition, no damage to the frame, all original parts (forks, stem, bar, seatpost, saddle, barends, STX-RC groupset) except for a new rear wheel and rear mech. The drivetrain is in need of a little tlc, i think new cables would probably solve the gear change problems.

I'm looking at buying a new bike in the 07 sales, and much as the idea hurts, I may have to sell this :cry:

It's a cracking frame and an amazing ride, so the question is, what do you think it is worth?

Many thanks in advance :cool:

I'll take some later, going out on it in a bit. Well if I'm only going to get £75ish for it then it stays, when I've paid for the new one I'll get a new drivetrain on it and keep it for old school rigid fun :LOL:

dannyboy":1iy1pih2 said:
I'll take some later, going out on it in a bit. Well if I'm only going to get £75ish for it then it stays, when I've paid for the new one I'll get a new drivetrain on it and keep it for old school rigid fun :LOL:

That's the best option IMO. That's what id do. And you never know some years later and the price may go up. Like most things in life it has 'ups & downs' :D

Yeah I think I will.

Just took it up on the Penines with it fully rigid for the first time in years (sus forks died!), great fun, but my god, even with a nice flexy steel frame it was bone-shaking fun!

A world away from the Cube AMS Pro 100 I've just been testing at my lbs. :LOL:

when you've ridden suss for a while you forget just how hard rigid actually is!! I went for a ride on a rigid recently and the next day was trying to figure out why the muscles around my collar bones were aching...then it twigged!

orange71":1fevke0j said:
when you've ridden suss for a while you forget just how hard rigid actually is!! I went for a ride on a rigid recently and the next day was trying to figure out why the muscles around my collar bones were aching...then it twigged!

yeah, i noticed it when i had to slow down as i couldn't see where i was going due to my eyeballs bouncing up and down so much :LOL:

Back