East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

A surprising ride. The first three quarters were surprisingly firm and fun, the last quarter was surprisingly muddy and energy sapping, surprisingly hilly (two thirds the climbing of Charnwood), surprisingly fast even allowing for the road sections, surprisingly unable to wake up this morning.

The usual great company.

Thanks .

It definitely didn't feel like we were stopped for that long - apart from when the cake arrived :D
Thanks for leading last night Mat, it was my first ever night mtb ride and it was great fun !
Does anyone have the link to the lights you were using ?
I thought the Hope was giving some good light until one of you turned up behind me like a lighthouse !

hello from bonne Ecosse :D Kirroughtree was great today - but the Proflex really doesn't fit me and I have a sore back, so will be on Surly for Ae tomorrow. Been driving your car Senor Unocogero :D

I would have!

It was a shortened ride as the drive side cup in my bottom bracket (Kona) came out, threads stripped. Soooo it was retire to the cafe after about an hour around Robin Wood. My worry now is that the threads in the frame have been flattened and until I can try another cup I wont know. If they are flattened then what are the choices?

Glad you had a good day Ed hope tomorrow stays bright and warm for you.

Back