Kona Explosif 1999

shedobits":o887ryvf said:
Great Bike, I thought I was the only one who liked dual control too.

I like the way you can shift up and down whilst braking, with just the brake lever.

They got a bad press when they first came out but I fitted some V brake versions on my Klein and have been a convert ever since.

I've since fitted some on my 456 Inbred and am in the process of building up a Massi Toro with them too.

Any way back to Konas. A great bike you have there, how does the ride compare with a Lava Dome?

shedobits":2eegbvzw said:
They got a bad press when they first came out but I fitted some V brake versions on my Klein and have been a convert ever since.

I've since fitted some on my 456 Inbred and am in the process of building up a Massi Toro with them too.

Any way back to Konas. A great bike you have there, how does the ride compare with a Lava Dome?

I've been lucky to have a few different steel Konas. Explosifs, Kilaueas, Cinder Cones and Lava Domes. All 18". The Explosifs and Kilas are in a different league in my opinion. My 94 Kila was a beaut. I have to say that the 853 Explosifs are my favourite. Light, stiff(er), responsive and FAST. The '98 Reynolds Kila was nice too. I think the best desciption is "flickable".

shedobits":2k6ym3a4 said:
OK I'm sold, I'll start saving now then.

....and I'm gonna be controvertial here, but these are a better ride than the Hei Heis, and KKs that I have had.

Back