cotic soul 75.5mm

ok, cheers guys.

i have dropped the frame off with the chap who is going to chemically strip the paint, and i should get it back thursday/friday after it has been blasted. so possibly paint on friday, tho more likely monday/tuesday.

this means i am on for the last few rides on the charge. thursday evening, definately, and possibly a nite ride after work on friday or even saturday. then thatll pretty much be it. :cry:

its all happening.

nice - looks like a great frame mod!

just an idea but as your going to all this trouble and the frame is steel, you may as well treat the frame to J.P Weigle Framesaver treatment after you've painted it?

got the chainsuck plate filed up just now. i now have new sharp files, and a hole in my wallet where £51 used to be....

tank005.jpg

6/4 titanium. hard as a cats head.

THEFALLGUY":3qdw8x0e said:
very cool alternatively you could go 1 X 9 and avoid chainsuck all together :)

oh god. dont get me started on 1x9. the derailleurs moving a chain between the sprockets on a 3x8/9 system is bad enough, let alone all the way across a 9 speed cassette. poor chain line at its best. and i couldnt bare to risk the chain coming off of the chainring, and to date, all chain guides look awfull.

ghey, sorry.

kanerdog1x1":37ns5ppb said:
THEFALLGUY":37ns5ppb said:
very cool alternatively you could go 1 X 9 and avoid chainsuck all together :)

oh god. dont get me started on 1x9. the derailleurs moving a chain between the sprockets on a 3x8/9 system is bad enough, let alone all the way across a 9 speed cassette. poor chain line at its best. and i couldnt bare to risk the chain coming off of the chainring, and to date, all chain guides look awfull.

ghey, sorry.

Wierd, I've had no problems running 1x9 with chainline/wear or chain coming off and IMO looks way cleaner without all that guffup front!

I imagine if you can make a nice anti chainsuck plate like that you could fabricate a really nice chainguard :D

I run 1x9 on my Soul but with a bash and chain guard. i did run it without for 6 months and didn't have any trouble at all.

Another mod to consider whilst you have the paint off is crud catcher mounts on the downtube. I silver brazed a pair into mine before I had it powdercoated. I know mudguards are considered gay by some, but its much better not to be getting shit thrown up in your face on a fast descent.

And you will be descending much faster on a Soul! ;)

Back