Unknown Holdsworth lugless from around 1948(?)

yea, the matching shed is quite a nice touch, must be intentional as I have another blue bike... Would you guys say this is worth restoring, or just a clean uo and ebay?
Luke

pigman":2qjtyf2p said:
is the campag gear lever bent, or was that how they were back then?

That's one of the early 'thin' levers. They always did that when you were struggling for a lower gear and didn't have one! Later ones are a lot 'fatter'.

I checked the code on the crankset, ZB i think it was , anyways the site dated it at 1961, so perhaps this was added later.
Luke

Sorry to bump this up, however I do not have the time for this beautifully constructed frame, so I will be selling it or trading it. I really don't know what it is worth, so make me an offer and I will see if I like it :) Also, trades will be considered.
Finally, I am willing to split the bike, and sell/trade just the frame-forks or the whole thing.

Thanks for all your help identifying it,
Luke

That's a great £20s-worth! The only half remembered thing I think I know about Holdsworths is that the head badge design changed (and the crown was added) in 1953, so it'd be later than that. Lovely ride...

Yea, it would appear that way however the serial number places it in the right year, and on the net a few others have found older holdsworths with newer headbadges.
It is still great for £20, and I do love the quality of the frame joints... Still, I would feel bad doing it up without period parts, and I cannot afford period for this :(

Cheers all,
Luke

The bike is now split completely, and frame and parts will soon be listed. If anyone wants to get early dibs, go for it since it will take a few days getting stuff cleaned up

Luke

It's definitely a La Quelda model, and your date of 1948 could well be correct. These were nicely made frames and quite light too, as they were always made with good tubesets (531DB or Kromo). Sometimes they used an oversized top tube, especially in the larger sizes.

Would have been interested in buying it myself but it looks too small for me. I'm guessing it's about 22in or 23in.

I can measure it up tomorrow, and its 531db. The tubing is super thin at the top of the seat tube..

Luke

Back