Mavic queries

Old Ned

Old School Grand Master
There seems to have been a lot of 'traffic' regarding Mavic just lately so here's my offering.

1 - Do Mavic cranks fit Campag or Shimano taper or do they have their own?

2 - What length axle for a Mavic track crankset?

3 - Does anyone have a spare bottom 'bolt' and associated 'nut' that secures the cage to the mech? I have a mech and this bolt has sheared off with the stub still in the 'nut' thing. I think I have the 'special' washer for the top pivot but not absolutely sure.

Old Ned":2f8zfb4z said:
1 - Do Mavic cranks fit Campag or Shimano taper or do they have their own?
Campag, or near as damn it.

2 - What length axle for a Mavic track crankset?
Typically 110mm

3 - Does anyone have a spare bottom 'bolt' and associated 'nut' that secures the cage to the mech? I have a mech and this bolt has sheared off with the stub still in the 'nut' thing. I think I have the 'special' washer for the top pivot but not absolutely sure.
I might possibly have one. I've got about three assorted broken MAVIC 800-series mechs somewhere in storage that I've never got around to fixing. I know that at least one of them has the same bolt broken. If I can make two good mechs from the parts I have, I won't have a spare. If I can only make one good one, I might have a spare left over...

Thanks Jim for the info.

I wait, pregnant with anticipation, regarding the mechs.............................

No hurry, I've had it for a while.

I've used Mavic cranks, the Campag N. Rec type, actually it looks very similar to SR (Sakae), with a Campag N. Rec BB.

It seems a good fit, just like a Campag crank.

I would say BB lengths would be the same as Campag, if you're using a Campg BB:

Double rings 114mm
Single ring 109mm

Latest posts

Back