1994 Specialized Stumpjumper

Glad you like it :)

The bike's still in storage at the moment as are most of them; that's why the Vit is getting the spanking at the moment both for riding and general commuting.

Hopefully someone will buy the house. Unfortunately we've been 'ConDem'ed to 5 years of destitution so nobody's buying anything. Shame because the house with the "bike room" that I liked has now sold.

I still have the Control Tech and the ATAC stems but I'm still undecided what to do with them. I'm always on the lookout for other things.

Love this bike, it just looks right.. stem is to chunky but apart from that.. and I usually h8 that olive green colour but on your stumpy it looks really good

wowie :)

Do you think this is the same frame?

Came across this locally--do you think this is a 1994 frame? If so, where can I find the specs (especially top tube length) for a 17"? And will this be a 1" steerer?

Thanks all-

Attachments

• stumpjumper frame.jpg
    stumpjumper frame.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 4,119
Lovely and simple......great colour too!.......I have just landed a '91 comp in battleship grey, 100% original and in great nick too......thread to follow asap, stand by your beds!.....

Liking your spesh keep the stem it makes the bike put some end plugs in the handlebars and your well away :cool:

Re: Do you think this is the same frame?

paramount13":2v8x6w84 said:
Came across this locally--do you think this is a 1994 frame? If so, where can I find the specs (especially top tube length) for a 17"? And will this be a 1" steerer?

Thanks all-

Your pic is hard to make out for sure but it does look like it could be. Here is mine which is now for sale. And yes a '94 would have a 1" headtube.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... tumpjumper

racer x":2w2e42zh said:
Liking your spesh keep the stem it makes the bike put some end plugs in the handlebars and your well away :cool:

Bowing to greater knowledge (nope - I think the ATAC looks porky as well) I've got a Ritchey ForceLite for it so that will go on as soon as I've assembled it all again.

Oh yeah... Got some bar plugs for it as well now ;)

Paramount - your frame is almost certainly a '94 - I'm not sure grey/green was used any other year.

Right - All wrinkles now ironed out (I think). Some advice taken, some not. Some new, almost era tyres, a non-creaky chainset, NOS stem and some bar plugs (that's for sunchaser - I like the beer and it just happens to have green caps :cool: )

Anyway without any further ado, here we go:

IMGP2263.jpg

Frame: 1994 Specialized Stumpjumper

Fork: Direct Drive Cromoly

Headset: Dia Compe Aheadset
Stem: Ritchey ForceLite
Handlebar: Sakae powerbulge Ti
Grips: Ati Mushroom Endless
Barplugs - Timothy Taylor Landlord :D

Brakes: Shimano Deore XT M737
Brake Pads: Shimano Deore XT M737
Brake Cables: Shimano XTR
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: Shimano DX SLR

Shifters: Shimano XT M732 Thumbshifters
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M739
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore XT M737
Derailleur Cables: Shimano XTR
Cassette: Shimano M737
Chain: Sachs PC-850
Cranks: Shimano Deore XT M737
Crank Bolts: Middleburn Ti
Chainrings: Shimano Deore XT M737
Chainring bolts: Middleburn
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN-51
Pedals: Shimano PD-M535

Hub Skewers: Shimano
Rims: Specialized Z-21 Pro
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT M737
Nipples: Yes
Spokes: Yes
Tyres: Panaracer Smoke Lite
Tubes: Specialized

Saddle: Flite
Seatpost: USE
Seatpost Binder: Some generic bolt

Weight: N/K

Hope you like; I do. It's my rider and commuter right now whilst I get the C-16 sorted.

Back