Klein sizing

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Any Klein owners care to share how their bikes are sized up? At 6' according to the catalogue I'd be looking at a 20", maybe 22". Is this right?

The attitude for sale in the classifieds at the monent > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1856 is around 16" or 18" going off the measurements. Sound about right or not?

not sure officially, but everyone used to ride bikes that looked diddy compared to the norm. Not sure what size jezzers is?

You thinking of buying?

gump":1nwcuqxs said:
not sure officially, but everyone used to ride bikes that looked diddy compared to the norm. Not sure what size jezzers is?

Think Jezza's is a 16" or 18". Looks a tad small.

gump":1nwcuqxs said:
You thinking of buying?

Vaguely. It's got to be the project after the next one ;)

The older kliens (pre 92) used to have really shite sizing, the 16 is soo small and the 201 is friking massive Too big for me really and im 6`2". my last klien was a med which is around 18" which i coudl ride with a long post. its the klein in the bike of the month check it out as its not that ssmall for 18.
cheers
pete

Yeah mine looks diddy but rides like the 18"-19" 'ers I have. Remember the Mission control stems have a decent length and are quite a high rise (plus with a quill you can adjust the height of the stem)

Not really a dilemma I think but more the norm.

Take a look at most the Kleins that appear even on this site - they all have ridiculously long seatpins and appear too small for the riders...

yes..i have noticed this too. many klein owners seem to ride compairably small bikes. that said, i've been on a few that i would have thought were too small for me and i found them not to feel that way. what i havent looked at serioulsy was the geometry to see if there was any factual truth to this. anyone??

Its the size of your Klein that matters !!

The facts are in the ride peeps !!

All my Kleins I have owned over the years have come up small ! (Hence the German word for Small = Klein !!) Sorry, you probably know that already!

Im 6.0ft but Prefer my Kleins medium which would normally suit a shorter rider but I get more feel from the bike like this and with a low rise long length stem you get that true race feel and extra stiff control, oh and a stiff back at the end of the ride !! But hey, its worth it !

+ I used to have a fetish for slinging my Kleins around over the logs! 5ft jumps and hopping from stump to stump feels so much more comfortable on a smaller frame! Check out both of mine in the Forum - Ebay watch - Stunning Klein...

Laterz

Latest posts

Back