Gary Fisher Montare

Vitorzip

Senior Retro Guru
Hi.

Just got me an old ( year???) Gary Fisher Montare.

I was looking for some DX parts, and someone told me about this bike. I bought it with the parts i wanted, all of them were still original. I don´t know much about this frame, but it looks good, and from the parts it has, i would say it´s from 91 or 92.

It´s a Tange Prestige crmo frame, with 1-1/4 headset, it has a very wide bottom bracket, attached by an unusual way (steel springs, don´t know how to call them).

Original painting is ok, so as decals (painted). Sorry for these very bad phone pics, promise i´ll post better ones. Black dot´s are not rusty, just dirt, oil and glue...

Have a look. If someone knows more about this frame, all info is welcome.

28092007241wg2.jpg

28092007242yu2.jpg

28092007244hw6.jpg

28092007246vt9.jpg

28092007245zc5.jpg

28092007247yf0.jpg

28092007248qz1.jpg

28092007250lo7.jpg

28092007251zn4.jpg

Starting to have too many bikes/frames/parts at home. Soon some of them have got to go...

Cheers

Think it was '91 - I've got the catalogue somewhere. Is it ok? They were notorious 'crackers'...

Correction, it's a '92 - just dug the catalogues out. Launched in model year '91 and the '92 frame looks unchanged except for the graphics. 15.6" chainstays! :eek:

when you say springs for the bottom bracket I think 'circlips' is the word you are looking for. Never seen that before!

Hi.

Circlips will do perfectly. Many thank´s. I´ve never seen that before too, but it´s in great working condition.

Max, do you have any catalogue you can scan and post here? I would like to see a pic of the complete bike BITD.

Cheers

So it was you who sniped me! I badly wanted that frame and parts and as it ended at 3 in the morning I was sure I would win it!

jonnyretro":3mlxi5af said:
So it was you who sniped me! I badly wanted that frame and parts and as it ended at 3 in the morning I was sure I would win it!

OOPS! Sorry! I was just looking for DX parts, and a friend e-mailed me this... well, it must have been at 2 /2:30 am... You can have the frame, if you really want it. I think i have to much projects at home right now...

Cheers.

Here are the scans - one of those open out brochures so the spec is a pain to read across. However, you can see the faint black line around the Montare specs - I was thinking of buying one of these back in '92...

fisher92a.jpg

Back