Dusk 'til Dawn 2010 - 2nd / 3rd October

Ouch is all i can say. Called it a night at 2.30 am after 4 laps. In that time the tally runs to:
Rear Hope hub - all bearings shot and the pawls are now a funny shape, 2 snapped leaf springs.
Chainring - Gone
Rear sprocket - didn't look to bad till i got it off the bike - it's now a 16 1/2 t cog!
Chain - yeah right!
Disc brake pads - 4 sets gone through before, including a set of sinterd in 1 lap.

:twisted: Bring on the winter series and next year! :twisted:

O, and who decided to use white on the retro bike jersey's? :oops:

thanks to all involved for a great weekend we didn't do to bad im so glad we pushed on and didn't sake it as some teams did results are here guys and girls so please have a look

lap 1 cannondaleking (puncher prone)
lap 2 trebors son young (whippet) lewis
lap 3 jango (fueled on speed sticks)
lap 4 neil_j (fueled on just air)
lap 5 neil_j still going stong
lap 6 cannondaleking
lap 7 lewis
lap 8 jango almost but not last on field ;)

http://www.timelaps.co.uk/assets/upload ... 02/10/2010

Judging by how much mud and sand passed through my kit I feel a bike strip-down is well in order :shock:

Thanks Mark for your assistance and encouragement in the solo camp. There was nothing wrong with the colour of the RB tee shirt I used to wipe my hands on from your pit box! :LOL:

29'ers appeared to rule Thetford, although my Pace was still soldiering on well to the end :cool:

See you for the winter series and better weather???

Congratulations to all who took part, it was a great event, albeit *damp* both inside and outside the tent LOL

Can't wait for the next one...I'll be dry by then ;)

Ello Andy! massive respect for your brilliant effort mate! Will definatly see you at the winter series if you fancy it. The race itself was hard - but the whole solo thing? everyone was ace. Looking forward to next year allready!

So much for joking that it couldn't be any worse than two years ago. That was a bit grim to say the least, and it seemed like I did my laps in the worst possible conditions, but at least we managed 21st out of 59 a couple of positions better than last year.

Well done to the rest of the team for soldiering on until the end.

Wading through the mud at 3am does make you question your own sanity though!

A quick check over of the bike on removing from bikebag revealed a totally kaput ISIS BB :cry: Explains why the chain unshipped on the 5th lap....
Still at least it will take little explaining to RJC X-Treme and SKF BB's are guaranteed :)

lol, be interested to see if that works! if so may have to switch to Isis. The hope BB on mine seems to be going strong - the hub on the other hand :evil:

So what happened? Just got back from sunny Florida having endured the hardships of temperatures touching the 90's most days and not a drop of rain in sight. Jet lag is a bummer ;)

Back