Come on, let's drag our old bikes the length of the country

LEJOG doesn't fire up anything in me, yet :roll: .........and in the (very) unlikely event I get 10+ days to meeself, I'll probably be found in the Cairngorms or Wester Ross :D

Note to self - must get up more hills :evil:

How about you plan and organise a 100% off road relay from JOG to LE? Once you get down to the Borders you can pass the batton over to us Yorkies. We pass onto NWA, then onto the mids etc until it gets to the South Westers. Cool thing is you could do an extra stint in another part of the country as part of a holiday.
That way it can be done in chunks to suit folks free time. Start at Easter, finish on August bank holiday Monday. Would make a great thread!
Retro bikes only, as much off road as possible. Make some sort of baton that everyone signs.
It could be a good promo for next years Retrobike National Calendar and pretty easy to organise.

Just a thought.

Dr S":1h1xyivy said:
How about you plan and organise a 100% off road relay from JOG to LE? Once you get down to the Borders you can pass the batton over to us Yorkies. We pass onto NWA, then onto the mids etc until it gets to the South Westers. Cool thing is you could do an extra stint in another part of the country as part of a holiday.
That way it can be done in chunks to suit folks free time. Start at Easter, finish on August bank holiday Monday. Would make a great thread!
Retro bikes only, as much off road as possible. Make some sort of baton that everyone signs.
It could be a good promo for next years Retrobike National Calendar and pretty easy to organise.

Just a thought.

That could be a plan :D

Did this sort of thing a couple of years ago in motorbike owners club. Started at JoG with around 20 folk and went for Lake District at first leg, whereafter some folk left the group and new ones joined etc.......and so on to Kernow.

In fact there could be an exchange of Orkanese and Kernow flags at the end :cool:

Do we have any Zetlanders? :idea:

Or the Sillies - forgot about them :roll:

Dr S":3felu1ff said:
How about you plan and organise a 100% off road relay from JOG to LE? Once you get down to the Borders you can pass the batton over to us Yorkies. We pass onto NWA...

Will NWA be up to it? I understand that Dre and Ice Cube don't get out on the bikes so much since the death of Eazy-E.

Whit aboot MOGJOG as a less extreme entirely Scottish run.

Mull Of Galloway to John'O'Groats. Most South Westerly point in Scotland to most North Easterly point.

I could do that in 10 days maybe :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Could be done on and off road as the route is worked out ;)

Nice idea Dr S, I like the fact it could be offroad, a lot of scotland could be done via the national walks Cape Wrath Trail? - Great glen way - West Highland Way - Southern Upland Way - could use the national cycle network when offroad routing gets difficult, I'll happily do my 40 miles offroad.

We could take over at Newcastleton and do the cross border ride into Keilder before heading across Shepardshield towards Hadrians Wall and Hexham Common. Next leg could be over the north Pennines, down over the Dales befoe swinging over towards the Forest of Bowland and the NWA who could take in North Wales before passing on to the SWA.

What do you think?

If we really wanted to go for it, I'd volunteer for a chunk on Shetland, been looking for an excuse to go back there. I could then ferry down to Orkney and hand over to thereal.... who could do his islands and the north mainland.

Notice I'm volunteering for a compact section with plenty of ferries :LOL:

Back