1994 Bigfoot Smokestone

Cheers for all the positive comments guys.

And a massive thanks to you Mike for helping me out with the top-cap for the ATAC and the resident sithlord for a nice ti bolt.

All that remains now is the decals. . . .but I do have some XT cantis on route as well :LOL:

How did you get on with the decals?

Only reason I ask is I've just 'unearthed' my old Ozone CO2 bike from the garage - minus decals - and these would really finish it off prior to me selling it :(

This is it! The final instalment. Here is the final(ish) spec list followed by some photos. I have tried to mimic the race bikes from BITD where possible, use UK parts where possible, or just race bred. See what you all think.

Frame: Bigfoot Smokestone (6061 alloy, malvern UK made)

Fork: PACE RC35

Headset: Mavic
Stem: Anwer ATAC with Ti bolt and mikee top cap
Handlebar: X-lite Xpert Red NOS
Grips: Ritchey WCS NEW
Barends: X-Lite Alto

Brakes: Ritchey Logic
Brake Pads: Ritchey Logic
Brake Cables: Shimano / Jagwire
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano / PACE
Brake Levers: Ritchey Logic

Shifters: XT m740 with indicators removed
Front Derailleur: XT m737
Rear Derailleur: XT m737
Derailleur Cables: shimano / Jagwire
Cassette: XT m737
Chain: XT ig90
Cranks: LX (polished. . ish)
Crank Bolts: generic
Chainrings: x2 Middleburn x1 FSA
Chainring bolts: generic
Bottom Bracket: u/k shimano
Pedals: Shimano m540

Hub Skewers: Hope Red
Rims: Mavic 212 SUP (ti/silver coloured)
Hubs: Front Hope Fatso, Rear LX Parralax
Nipples: generic
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tyres: Ritchey Z-Max WCS 2.1 Red compound NOS
Tubes: U/K butyl lightweight

Saddle: Ritchey Vector Plus Rail
Seatpost: Generic Red
Seatpost Binder:Hope Red NEW

It took me ages to choose / find the parts I wanted, constantly changing things as I went. Even now I have some red Ritchey Logic pedals on the way as well as some m900 cranks (although these will prob be put onto something else!)

After the decals arrived I nervously applied them and I think they look ace, here goes.

p1010489l.jpg

p1010476h.jpg

p1010478e.jpg

p1010493p.jpg

p1010492w.jpg

This will be a rider but I have to admit that I will be using some more standard tyres (seeing the price these have gone for recently I just cant bring myself to do it! :oops: )

If anyone needs some decals for their Bigfoot PM me as I can pass you the details of how to get some at a good price (the artwork has been done)

Massive thanks to those that have helped me out with parts and ideas.

Only thing now is, what next. . . . . . . . . :?:

JeRkY":1lo45dmk said:
Certainly tidier than when we first saw it.

Nice work.

You're not wrong there mate. Thanks again for letting me have it off you in the 1st place. (although I have probably saved you a few quid :LOL: )

I've been keeping tabs on this one myself... Nice work fella and a very balanced build - sometimes not easy with great big fat alu frames :)

Love what you've done with this bike - it looks great.

I didn't know about these until I read your thread - definatley on my 'want' list - from Glous too so got to be good. :D

Back