lemond what year

slmracing

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Just bought this today the frame number is 350196 I have been told it is a 1990. The frame is hand made and signed it has a dura ace front mech shimano 600 chainset and shifters, the brakes are shimano 105 and the headset is campagnolo. I want to keep this bike as original as possible can anyone give me any info on the original spec any help would be much appreciated :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• DSCF0470 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    DSCF0470 [50%] [640x480].JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 3,854
Lemond

I had one that looks identical. Mine was a 1994 GAN model.
Judging by the decals yours is the same model. It looks like a pre Trek Bilato built Lemond team Gan. IIRC its GLX tubing. Trek had a similar scheme later on but never had the decals.
If you look under the rear brake bridge there may be some letters indicating which brother Bilato built the frame, mine had SYLV.
The man to know definatively is Lemondfan
Hope this helps
Jamie

Spot on Jamie I educated you well !! Not really much more to add one the last Lemond colour schemes before Trek bought the name.

Made by Billato Bros in Italy

I personally always prefer the previous logo but thats my own choice. Lovely frame BTW.

I think this would have been Mavic but need to check my mags, I have an article on a 93 Gan frame that year tha Mavic & Mavic Zap and sure they didnt go back to Campagnolo. Other kit is TA cages (can still be bought new off ebay), Gan TA bottles, cinelli 65 or 66 bars and Cinelli XA or ideally Cinelli Grammo Stem, finished with Cinelli Splash (yellow & Black) ribbon. Think pedals were Time

Will get the full spec tomorrow. All this kit can still be obtained new off ebay with a bit of hunting.

Lemond

I had a guess but I know a man who knows ;)

Heres one I built earlier..........
DSC_0160.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

Jamie

It's a '94

I bought one last year that was built up as a team replica.

Mavic group, but with Sachs Ergopower shifters and mechs as per team GAN

Mavic hubs on GL330 tub rims. mavic seatpin etc.....

Andy

Lemond Fan":3o0n4art said:
Spot on Jamie I educated you well !! Not really much more to add one the last Lemond colour schemes before Trek bought the name.

Made by Billato Bros in Italy

I personally always prefer the previous logo but thats my own choice. Lovely frame BTW.

I think this would have been Mavic but need to check my mags, I have an article on a 93 Gan frame that year tha Mavic & Mavic Zap and sure they didnt go back to Campagnolo. Other kit is TA cages (can still be bought new off ebay), Gan TA bottles, cinelli 65 or 66 bars and Cinelli XA or ideally Cinelli Grammo Stem, finished with Cinelli Splash (yellow & Black) ribbon. Think pedals were Time

Will get the full spec tomorrow. All this kit can still be obtained new off ebay with a bit of hunting.
Thanks for the info everyone I can get searching for the parts straight away. This is my first road bike i have always been into mountain bikes and commuting on a trek hybrid. This time next year I will have a workshop full of bikes its so addictive :D :D :D :D

Those are a bit too old, I m no expert on Mavic but the older logo (Red) must date to early 80's. Ideally you need the newer logo (Yellow). If you search GP4 NOS 36 hole rims on ebay you will see what I mean. I m going in my garage later so will dig out the article from 93.

It is worth searching for the period and correct parts follow the link to my creation, makes me smile everytime I look at it (you need to be logged in to see pics)

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113470

Latest posts

Back