OCTOBER RIDE 1 - Welton, 3rd Oct. Now with Aftermath

Waterproof stuff packed, tyres changed to something hopefully more suited to the conditions tomorrow :LOL:

Now to tackle the Camelbak that I've not touched since the last ride a few weeks ago
puke.gif

Morning all, not raining at the moment.

But looking at the revised weather this morning, who knows where that cloud will go, but I do know sod's law tends to prevail.

Fixed the forks up last night so they work now. Shame the rest of the bike needs building up.

So off to find out in a bit if I need to fix anything on the usual bike or if I picked up any thorns.

See you in a few hours.

Weather is evil in brigg. Gonna pack my wetsuit i think.

I'm coming alone and may be grumpy after 4 hours sleep...

Catch you in a bit when i've got a bike going!

My '+1' thinks it's raining :roll: so he will be coming for a ride another day.

See whoever turns up then. That great big rain cloud may miraculously petter out http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

There is a pub in Welton though if we are swimming back from the jumble ;)

It's a little moist in Grimsby too..

Looks like Autumn has arrived, goodbye dry trails, hello gloop & nightrides!

Well Dave turned up and looked up at the rain, pinched a Proflex and legged it back to the South Bank before we even started.

Chris and myself where the bright and early, in the biggest down poor of the day, well worth it though to get the Jumble and a short chat to old Ned.. would have gone back for more chat but he never actually seemed to be on his stall. :LOL:
I bought a few things and eventually chris dragged me back out into the rain to meet with the rest for a ride.

As my youngest son (2) kept saying and reminding me as I was getting my bike ready 'wet' 'wet' 'wet' while looking out side...

So yes it rained a little (ok a lot, there where streams down the road and apparently down one of the tracks but we missed that.)
It was lovely and muddy and the grass was wet and so good fun.

My brakes worked fine, just the tyres sometimes refused to contribute to this stopping lark. Luckily there was a nice soft modern CUBE that help a bike stop when you hit it :twisted:

Not many pictures as the camera complained about the rain. Hills, well they where a tad hard to ride up when you pedal and the wheel just sits there spinning in the same place :LOL:

We didn't get even half of the ride done but not to matter I fully enjoyed it.

:D

Back