Stumpjumper m2 questions

Interesting

Evening all
This is interesting stuff for sure. I will check my Stumpy comp which is a 2001, it too has the decal on the downtube.
I think most of the Stumpies from 97 onwards had the M2 on the downtube??
I am no expert, not by a long shot :oops: I just have a big liking for Specialized and tell it as I remember it, see it and also from the information I have at my disposal, from dealer/tech books, catalogues and related articles and web forums as well as my own bikes.
I will dig further and see what I can find in the tech book.

Jamie

yeah it's 7005

the serial starts m8******

thought it might be a 2000 hardrock at first but it seemed a bit too light to be a hardrock, and i cant find any pics of a hardrock with gusseting/stamp at the front. I am pretty sure it is a rockhopper now, cheers roberto

Should hopefully have it built tonight too! cannot wait :)

TW85":3orkl2ly said:
yeah it's 7005

thought it might be a 2000 hardrock at first but it seemed a bit too light to be a hardrock, and i cant find any pics of a hardrock with gusseting/stamp at the front. I am pretty sure it is a rockhopper now, cheers roberto

Should hopefully have it built tonight too! cannot wait :)

At least if its a rockhopper the build will be cheaper.
Lx and sram rather than xt/xtr !

Pics of build pls.

ha, It's got a bit of LX and the rest is gonna be a right mish mash..

I'm making a winter-proof SS commuter. Might be a little bit ugly..

TW85":28bwmurb said:
yeah it's 7005

My '97 Hardrock has the 'S' gusset as well. It looks like my serial number starts either M8 or M6, hard to tell though. Still a great frame though.

the great roberto":139jv248 said:
Were 97 hardrocks 7005 ( or indead any other type of ali)?
Or were they still steel ? Dunno.
Aluminium, not sure of the grade though.

here is a picture.. sorry this thread got a little derailed! Just waiting for a gear hanger, new forks and front brake in the post. I'm gonna paint it black this weekend too

DSC00739.jpg

Back