1993 Marin Palisades Trail

ooh tip tips!

got a strange image of some bloke tucking a tumble drier in ya shirt pocket whispering "something for ya troubles"

:LOL: :LOL:

manufactured late 1992 or early 1993 - according to the date stamps on the seat, seat post, stem and Shimano date codes

Well, here it is, blank, clean-ish and ready for ideas...

Attachments

• marin palisades trail blank canvas.jpg
    marin palisades trail blank canvas.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 5,961
Well I must say that looks superb.

If you were a period-correctness fiend, you could have left the original Shimano Altus stuff on there if it works (or even if it doesn't work, if you're a truly serious Retrobiker!)

Even I wouldn't upgrade it a lot though. It's a fairly basic frame, same as the Muirwoods, butted down tube, hefty plain-gauge top tube - should last forever if its first 17 years are anything to go by. With good basic kit, nothing fancy, it would be a perfectly worthy bike, certainly a handsome one.

Anthony":kqyis65q said:
Well I must say that looks superb.

If you were a period-correctness fiend, you could have left the original Shimano Altus stuff on there if it works (or even if it doesn't work, if you're a truly serious Retrobiker!)

Even I wouldn't upgrade it a lot though. It's a fairly basic frame, same as the Muirwoods, butted down tube, hefty plain-gauge top tube - should last forever if its first 17 years are anything to go by. With good basic kit, nothing fancy, it would be a perfectly worthy bike, certainly a handsome one.

Damn! The XTR and dirt drops will have to wait then...

Yes, I do detect one nice tube with scaffolding for the rest. Unfortunately, Altus A-10 is excellent donor kit as the shifter pods directly replace knackered XT pods and actually work better too.

I just need wheels.

marin_palisades_trail_blank_canvas_524.jpg

Great find. I've got the 93 EG same colour scheme. The big name decals on the top tube usually show the wear on Marins and that one looks as if it hasn't done a lot of miles. or if it has they've been very gentle miles. :cool:

Our local tips have now started saving bikes for a council-run renovation scheme. A good idea I know, but it takes a lot of the side benefits of taking stuff there. :cry:

Back