The NW&NW Area: General Chat Thread

EarlofBarnet":1bdbqc44 said:
Trip oooop North to Mabie forrest?

A trip oooop North is always nice, but Mabie is firmly in MacRetro territory.

For a North West Area ride we'd be looking at keeping it in the North West Area. So that's pretty much all of Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire, with a few bits of North Yorkshire perhaps too.

May I suggest somewhere like Calderdale or perhaps the Western Dales...?

drystonepaul":21s2dqjo said:
EarlofBarnet":21s2dqjo said:
May I suggest somewhere like Calderdale or perhaps the Western Dales...?
A good call but lets remember its November so lets steer clear of boggy moorland. How about Rivington?

I see PoTM is an RB rides special, how about as a region we enter our favourite picture from this years rides, we've done some great scenic rides this year and have some good photographers amongst us. Does anyone have any suggestions of photos?

A couple of my favourites:

dp2.jpg

steam_puddings_206.jpg

What about Gisburn Forest again.

I know we all went there in Feb but they have improved and added to it since then.
Also there is more riding to be done outside the forest up ont moor.

What do you think???

giant-one":3d5n9vdo said:
What about Gisburn Forest again.

I know we all went there in Feb but they have improved and added to it since then.
Also there is more riding to be done outside the forest up ont moor.

What do you think???
I'm very tempted to redo Gisburn, but i'm liking the idea of not repeating any venue this year. Any thoughts on this DSP?

sinnett177":12trw168 said:
I'm very tempted to redo Gisburn, but i'm liking the idea of not repeating any venue this year. Any thoughts on this DSP?

Gisburn would certainly be worth a visit again. Maybe a 2011 ride though. I'm not keen on repetition.

How about my very own "Motorway Dash" its a series of bridelways near me intersected by the M53 and M56 motorways that have been churned up into rutted hell holes by the local yoof on their quads and it's all FLAT.

Bonza.

Mark-DSP
Is there any riding to be done in the south west lakes area that you've not explored or now of any?

Say over towards Wast Water, Seascale's area????

giant-one":2i960xbz said:
Mark-DSP
Is there any riding to be done in the south west lakes area that you've not explored or now of any?

Say over towards Wast Water, Seascale's area????
I'm sure there is, mr_ship is probably the man to ask.

Back