The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
GT All Terra Outpost

Hi All,

Trying to get an idea of value for a mates old bike.

So it's exactly top draw material dripping with top notch equipment but I thought it might be worth a few bob.

Anyhow she is from the early 90's and comes with the original manuals and is original in spec apart from a replacement saddle (original might still be kicking around, some Trans X bar ends and a new rear tyre.

The frame is a Tange Cr-Mo, Shimano Altus C10 F&R Mechs, FC-CT20 Crank, ST-CT15 7 Speed STI's, BR-TY20 Canti's and has unbranded alloy solid axle hubs laced to Araya alloy rim wheels. Frame is large at 22 C2C.

Thanks for the help.

Jules

Attachments

• PICT0286.JPG
    PICT0286.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 2,467
GT outpost was one of the heaviest steel gt's, and as they were bottom of the line up, dont tend to make too much. I'd guess at £50-80 fella.

GT All Terrra Outpost

Didn't really think the bike was worth a great deal but didn't want to upset set him as he has had it ages - such is life will give him the news

Off to the boot fait I think

Thanks

Jules

Re: GT All Terrra Outpost

julesg007":3pjin1ez said:
Didn't really think the bike was worth a great deal but didn't want to upset set him as he has had it ages - such is life will give him the news

Off to the boot fait I think

Thanks

Jules
Given that it's not worth much, probably worth keeping as a hack / pub bike, or bit of tweaking for commuting?

Bottom end mountain bikes from BITD aren't suddenly worth loads just because they're retro - but at the same time many are solid bikes, that are robust, and to my mind more worth keeping than todays budget offerings - steel is real.

True enough, you wouldn't build a shrine to one, but all the same, personally, I'd rather see them used rather than effectively dumped in a skip. I mean it may not be restoration or upgrade fodder, but it's not a BSO, either.

Thanks to all who replied about the price of my SC Chameleon. Actually
decided to keep it but stick some new pikes on it so will put an ad up for the 1996 Bomber Z1 forks.

Cheers

Dave

GT All Terra Outpost

Problem for mate is that he doesn't get out riding much at all - so he thought he'd try to find a new home for her and at the same time clear some much needed space in his garage.

He was after getting a fair price for a bike that has given him good service over the years knowing that the proceeds from the sale wont be enough to retire on!!!

"SMG Classic" *I think*

Not really sure what this bike is, but if anyone can shed light on it that'd be great. Also a rough valuation would be wicked :D

Here's the spec:

19" Alloy Frame
CSSIII Sugino Crankset
Lizard Skins Chain Guard
Deore LX Front Derailleur
Deore XT Rear Derailleur
Mavic D521 Rims
Deore XT Hubs
Panracer FireXC Pro Tyres
Deore XT QR Skewers
Deore XT V-Brakes
Deore LX Shifters/Levers
ZOKES Pro Forks
World Force Stem
Tiogra Surefoot VI Pedals
Yeti Grips

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi Guys, I am daring to sell my 1987/88 overbury frame and fork. How much do you think i will get. It have been fully retored with new enamel paint and decals. the bb had been tapped so its easy to spin a bb in with your fingers. all good to go.

p4pb5636589.jpg

do you think i woudl get £190 for it or am i way off? All comments welcome.

Cheers
Pete

Heavy Tools FSR DH

Hi All,

I have put this up for sale as a complete build (less saddle!) but wondered whether its worth splitting?? Ideas on separate part prices would be good!

The bike is in pretty good condition for the age and really hasn't been ridden that much. The odd scratch and cable rub are obvious but no major damage. The bushes on the pivots could do with replacing and a service is probably worthwhile but like i said i have never really ridden this bike since i finished building it in 2000.

This frame was £1350 and forks were £1100 back in the day. The frame has adjustable head angle and BB height, Adjustable Chain and Seat stay lengths and Shock leverage ratios so you can really set this up for the DH course you're looking at shredding!

Currently there is no saddle on this bike as I've binned it - it had a split in it from my old bike back in 1998 and has since started falling to bits. For the pics i have borrowed my girlfriends saddle to give you an idea of the "complete" bike.

List of Spec below:

Heavy Tools FSR Frame
White Brothers UD150 upside down fork
FSA Orbit Headset Black 1-1/8”
DNA BMX Stem 50mm Black
Riser Bars
Hope M4 4pot DH Hydraulic Disc brakes 180mm/120mm
Shimano XTR 8spd Shifter RH
ODI Tomac BMX Grips Black
Shimano UD51 BB
Caramba Double Barrel 175mm Red Anodised Cranks
DMR V8 pedals Black