MY 1998 INTENSE M1

marky mark

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
NOT A FULL RETRO BUILD BUT NOT FAR OFF.

INTENSE M1 1998 (PRE SPECIALIZED FSR PATENT)

MANITOU X-VERT CARBON MRD FORK

HOPE HUBS

HOPE DH4

PRO TAPER DH BAR SHORTY STEM

XTR CRANKS AND BB + REAR MECH =CASSETTE

MRP WORLD CUP DEVICE

WTB GREASE GUARD AHEADSET

MAVIC D521CD ON INTENSE TIRES FRO

I STILL USE THIS HARD, JUST POLISHED IT UP AND GIVEN IT NEW BEARINGS AND DECALS (INTENSE M1 DECALS NOT AVAILABLE SO SPORTING AND M3 DOWNTUBE DECAL AT PRESENT UNTIL I GET SOME DONE.

HOPE YOU LIKE

MARK
main.php

main.php

main.php

that rocks :D

i remember riding one when they first came out, very, very cool.

need to post pics of old rotwild when i can..

An M1 was the most expensive bike i ever sold (or the shop ever sold for that matter). It was the Horst link one with Monster T's at £5800 :shock:
Was in the bosses good booksm for ages after that :LOL:

I LIKE IT !

I BOUGHT IT ON EBAY ABOUT A YEAR AGO, IT CAME WITH 1998 MANITOU X-VERTS AND HOPE C2 BRAKES+ OTHER STUFF, THE FORKS WERE A PAIN, AS I COULD HET ANOTHER BRAKE TO FIT THEM (CALIPER 1 HOPE) ONLY.
SOLD THE FORK AND BRAKES, FOUND A 1999 X-VERT CARBON FORK ON EBAY, AND STARTED THE BUILD.
MOST OF THE OTHER BITS WERE OFF MY OLD INTENSE I REGRET SELLING AND OFF MY LOBO.

NOT FINISHED WITH THIS ONE YET, I STILL WANT TO KEEP THE HERITAGE ( IF YOU CAN SAY THAT) BUT ALSO WANT TO KEEP THE FUNCTION AND RIDEBILITY.

MARK

Super Moto

I actually had a m8 who raced one of these for a few seasons, with a full Team Build DeeMax, Red Big Uns, Hope 6 pots on massive rotors, Monster T forks etc. Stood him at About £7000!! It actually weighed more than one of my Fantic Trials Bikes!!! That cost around £2280 new and that had an engine! Amazing bit of Kit though.

Back