Orange Evo 02

dainesefreak

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all

I'm looking for an older Orange and saw this on Ebay;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ORANGE-EVO-02-O2- ... otohosting

Now I've had a long lay off from the MTB scene, leaving after a Clockwork and a Vitaimn T. I remember the Alu O of the time and take it this is an evolution of that?

I'm after some info and a price guide, if you chaps could give me some pointers I'd be grateful.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
That frame is one generation on from my O2, essentially the same but mine lacks disc tabs. Great bike, nice and light and a fairly direct frame.

I wouldnt have opted for one initially, i prefer steel hard tails, but i picked mine up at a bargain price, however i do now absolutely love it.

please please please check in your attic for the Vitamin T - believe me, i NEED it !!!

even the 2003 e8 i have now doesn't come close

there was an aluminium elite which appeared on ebay about 6 weeks ago - i was tempted, as i used to have one, but my wife discovered it in my ebay watching items - damn it (mind you, her reaction would have been worse if it had arrived on the doorstep)......

as for the evo o2 - very good, go for it, you will not be disappointed

He He, I'd love another Vit T and now I'm getting back into it I'm starting to see how much I really regret selling. I sold it for a motorbike a long time ago and plunged head long into the biking world forgetting all about MTB's. I custom spec'd it from the head set down to the DT Swiss spokes and nipples!

Looking around the site seems to have awakened some long forgotten memories. Bikes, brands and parts suddenly start flashing back into my mind. I even woke up the other morning tyring to remember what brand of BB I'd spec'd on the VT. I had to go and google to make sure I wasn't mad thinking about White Industries Bottom Brackets and Marvic Ceramic rims. :LOL:

I've got a Carrera Bugaboo sitting in the garage that I bought a good few years ago on a 0% Halfords whim and I've only used it twice. Now looking at it really doesn't insipre me like the Oranges of old. But I'm so out of touch I really don't know what I want. I've gone from thinking of a new Clockwork to something of my era. I'd love another Vit T but it looks like I'd be looking for quite a while, espcially something around a 17".

I originally got my dates wrong and thought mine was around a 1994 but I've realized it must be earlier than that. I'm sure it was one of the first batch with a black sticker set. Needless to say it's not around any more, the lad who bought it snapped the frame a couple of years after buying it. He took it off some huge drop off and snapped it. I spec'd it for lightness and he took it out as a bomber, oh well.

Anyway I digress. So I'll keep an eye on the Evo, I've always been a hardtail man. Anyone want to buy a nearly new Bugaboo? ;)

I think the Evo frames were heavier than the original O2. Orange realised that their frames were starting to be used for more than just XC so beefed them up a bit. Still, they were nice frames and they did them in some really loud powder coats which were cool.

Ok so here's the question. Is this worth getting rid of the Bugaboo for? After looking at some reviews they both look to be a similar spec. The Carrera was probably similar money at the time and both are Alu hardtails. The Carrera also has an XT group set too.

I know this is probably down to personal choice to a certain extent but I'm open to comments.

lose the bugaboo (although what a fantastic name!)

got to get the orange - i mean, just look at those welds......

Ok now I'm thinking of keeping the Bugaboo and palming it off on the wife (like I'm doing here a favour ;)) and keeping an eye on the Orange.

Hi Anthony, are you the guy who sold his Rocky full susp frame on ebay this morning, if yes, Hi im the guy who missed the auction by 6 minutes and has spent all day kicking himself :(

Back