And today I did......

Well then, somuch for me being fooked and heading towards an end of my riding days :roll: I now find myself with not one, but four new bike builds on the go.

Firstly there is my unicorn build that I have been on with for a few months. It's gathering pace but I'm really stuck on a few parts. Very long burn project by the looks of things.

Second is a new full susser to replace the Cotic as my Thrunton bike. Big shoes to fill and slightly disapointed not to be getting a Cotic Hemlock but as no one answers the phone at Cotic I have plumped for a Mythic Spitfire frame.

Thirdly, the return of Frankenshite as my winter commuter/ work/ shop/ pub bike. This time going for a pre 83 look withbox crown forks, bullmoose bars, wide rims and brooks.

An last but not least I have been offered a Kona Humuhumuhumuhumuthingymajig in exchange for doing some conversion work on Ian's camper. I'm going to use this as my 'depths of winter' ride with rigid forks and SS (sliding dropouts mean no tensioner). I'm going to fit this bike with some hub brakes and cruiser bars to go for a 26" BMX cruiser look. The lack of external brakes, sus forks and gears should make it an ideal bike for plugging through winter shit. I have most parts for this build but need some wide silver rims. Anyone??

Dr S":39vp0eua said:
An last but not least I have been offered a Kona Humuhumuhumuhumuthingymajig in exchange for doing some conversion work on Ian's camper. I'm going to use this as my 'depths of winter' ride with rigid forks and SS (sliding dropouts mean no tensioner). I'm going to fit this bike with some hub brakes and cruiser bars to go for a 26" BMX cruiser look. The lack of external brakes, sus forks and gears should make it an ideal bike for plugging through winter shit. I have most parts for this build but need some wide silver rims. Anyone??

I think the humu has exceptional clearance, you should be able to fit trials rims and 3" gazzalodi's, super cheap snow bike if the project goes nowhere let me know ;)

Oh and the mythic bikes are nice :cool: looked at a lot of them when I was thinking of getting there hardcore hardtail 29er

Back