Peaks Ride 2010 (formerly 'Mr K's Peaks Ride') - Aftermath

firstly thanks to paul and mark for an amazing day out,and mr k for an excellent route cheers.
i really had a good day , i thought the first down hill was a laugh a minute after falling twice my self 1st towards mr k an his camera and 2nd towards sinnett177 and his camera i could hear people crashing all the time :LOL:
managed to twist my brand new chain so i used 2 allen keys to bend it back
and well done to the lad on the fixie :shock: :cool:
an excellent day cheers
Lee

Another great retro ride...................

great pictures taken by all, and a great write up, good work Paul (I will send you some Dyna images to tease later) ;)

My Specialized didn't fail to deliver, as it too joined all my other threaded headset bikes to rattle their headsets loose.

The mud slide down hill was one of the best bits, due to the complete lack of control :D

Fixie rider

Hi guys,

Gutted i couldn't make it to the end, I ened up spending the rest of the day in bed.

Great write up, does anyone have any pics of me skidding or spinning

Cheers

Re: Fixie rider

attractivefish":351soryg said:
Hi guys,

Gutted i couldn't make it to the end, I ened up spending the rest of the day in bed.

Great write up, does anyone have any pics of me skidding or spinning

Cheers

You must be Kris then. Welcome to the site, and good to have you along on Saturday on your fixie.

I'm glad you're recovering, as you did look like rather pale before you even started the ride, not to mention at the top of the first climb.

Mr K will no doubt have some more pictures at some point, when he gets around to uploading them....

Yep the one and only fixie nut,

I glad I looked as bad as I felt,

gutted I couldn't give the hill climb challenge a go, I didn't fancy it the way I was feeling.

The first descent was ace, though I could have done with a front brake, that I didn't have to pump to work :)

drystonepaul":1e1s4ciw said:
Dr S":1e1s4ciw said:
Looks like a cracking day out guys.
The girl in the cafe is the daughter of 'old greybeard' the miserable old sod that used to run the place bitd. She certainly has turned into a cracker.

Hoping to make a return to the Peaks next year.

Si

Does she have a name Si...?

Probably :LOL:

She was just a disinterested yoof behind the counter when i was an Edale regular. It was a right dump of a cafe in those days and old beardface was the rudest bloke since Basil Fawlty.
I remember her being sick outside the Ramblers Inn on New Years eve in 1997. The place was full of underage drinkers back then but the local copper didn't seem to care ;)

Back