Retrobike @ the IoM End to End

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
This report in from James Webster following his excellent 25th place in the IoM end to end on his freshly built Fat Chance Yo Eddy.

main.php

IoM end 2 end was cool, very hard, you wouldn't think an Island so small could have so many steep hills.
Was going really well until I bust the valve off the tube with a rock, changed it and blew another tube within 1 mile on the next descent, you could say I was slightly stressed at this point, but had to resist throwing the bike in the hedge due to a large crowd and TV cameras, (yes really) at checkpoint 1.
Had dropped down the placings quite some way now, was around the top 10 when I got the first flat. Spent the next 3/4 of the ride, blasting past people who seemed quite confused as to how I was going past them so easily, and bricking myself about getting another flat due to no more spare tubes.
Finished in 3:37 , position 25, not bad considering the 2 flats and a mega attack of cramp which enabled me to do a 9.9 dismount about 3 miles from the finish.
Sacked of the dodgy bus ride back to Douglas and had a very civilised steam train ride!

Excellent result for James. Hopefully he'll be putting in a few more good rides off-road in retrobike colours next year too.

For those with Sky TV coverage will be on as follows. I some one could tape (or DVD) this that'd be great...

Sky Sports 3 26th Sept 21.00
Sky Sports 3 27th Sept 01.00
Sky Sports 3 27th Sept 07.00
Sky Sports Extra 27th Sept 13.00

By the looks of the picture was it is a road race? Any pictures of our man and his retro stead?

You will just have to watch it and check it out....Some good footage of him fixing a puncture.

Thanks for the interest guys, I've not seen the TV footage, but if you saw me fixing a puncture at the bottom of a hill that was my second.

Ah the bike it's a Yo Eddy, with some White Bros forks, mix of old XTR and some white Maguras.

As for being a road race, the first few miles are on the road which gives you a nice warm up before the mother of all climbs off road.

(you may remember me from 24hr I had the Cadex)

James, it looked like a bloody good race, as i was sitting there watching
all i was thinking was i wished i had entered! Although not at your level :oops: Maybe we could get a Retrobike team in for next year?

Back