Got my Raleigh Ti frame back from the re-spray....

Hey man, yeah that's where I found a couple of 52cm examples.

I found these examples:

b6d6_1jpg.jpg

It looks terribly cramped up.

07a3_1.jpg

Not as bad but still cramped.

I think it's probably for the best leaving it off.

b6d6_1jpg.jpg

That looks OK to me.

If the frame originally had a tubing sticker, then it should have one now! As long as it fits between the seat lug and the panel, I don't see why it would look "cramped".

I like tubing stickers and a frame made from 531, 753 , Columbus SLX etc without the original tubing stickers doesn't look right to me. I don't even like the Reynolds "renovated" sticker you see on resprayed frames.

fiks":25ocif5a said:
b6d6_1jpg.jpg

That looks OK to me.

If the frame originally had a tubing sticker, then it should have one now! As long as it fits between the seat lug and the panel, I don't see why it would look "cramped".

I like tubing stickers and a frame made from 531, 753 , Columbus SLX etc without the original tubing stickers doesn't look right to me. I don't even like the Reynolds "renovated" sticker you see on resprayed frames.

It does look a little odd with the Reynolds sticker squeezed in there. But like you say, if that was there originally, it should be there after renovation. The problem is it had been repainted blue before I got my hand son it, so I have no idea where it was originally. If I had seen the original paint it would have made it so much easier.

Here's some low quality pics of the current panel as it stands:

5036189385_71a42d6655_z.jpg

5036189289_0155733c13_z.jpg

5036189191_0c7fba57ab_z.jpg

Looks like they have done a fantastic job- but why didn't you give the sticker to Bob Jackson to go under the laquer?

CTK":243cexk2 said:
Looks like they have done a fantastic job- but why didn't you give the sticker to Bob Jackson to go under the laquer?

Hi. I did give them the sticker. I gave them the full set with full instructions of where everything was to go. They called me prior to fitting it and said that normally the 531 stickers are fitted on top of the lacquer so we left it to the end.

Nice finish, must say it's the first that I've seen with a G.O.D sticker on, thought these didn't come out till much later than this period finish.

kula":2o0v9tg0 said:
Nice finish, must say it's the first that I've seen with a G.O.D sticker on, thought these didn't come out till much later than this period finish.

I based the look of it on this, with the help of the owner:

http://velospace.org/node/23473

This is an early 80s NOS frame, it's dated slightly earlier than mine and has the G.O.D sticker so hopefully I've got it right!

Back