1980 Koga-Miyata FullPro-L

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
My latest addition to the (Koga) Miyata fleet/collection: a showroom condition 1980 FullPro-L

The 1980 Koga-Miyata FullPro-L was the top of the line roadbike in the 1980 KM line up. The frame is built with Tange Champion #1 (the lightest Tange offering back in the day), neat microfusion lugs and Shimano dropouts and on top BB guides. Lugs and (open) bottom bracket show cut outs in 'M' shape. Miyata logo on top fork crown. Absolute flawless build quality, 2nd to none paint. The Japanese had really made a leap in the years before it. Ready to blow away the competition - what they did in the 80s.

Specs:
full Dura Ace EX, including 'Dyna Drive' system, 'Hatch Plate' mech, aluminium headset, the blue straps and so on
featherweight SR Extra Super Light seatpost with ti hardware
Cinelli 1R stem, Cinelli Criterium bar, leather covering
Concor Profil aero shaped seat

All in a shape like in the shop when new: high gloss paint, no marks, no wear, great condition hoods and so on. It didn't came cheap, but this is a clear case of quality will be remembered long after the price paid is forgotten.

Pics to follow. I am really excited.

A couple pics :) >>

5036159637_85e16e1af8_b.jpg

5036779630_b97505e68f_b.jpg

5036160329_f19bab14ce_z.jpg

5036161645_3d1ea7ce96_z.jpg

If it was my bike (I wish it was :) ) I should consider to move the brakecables behind the 1R stem. This bike is really as has been used by the the pro's in the 80's for example IJsboerke en Capri Sonne at the time.
Nice bike !!!

mrkawasaki":22ry9j5f said:
Beautiful for sure, but unacceptably too big for The Judge.... ;)

[OW judge mode]Who does the bike thinks that he is? A Smurf?![/OW judge mode]

;)

dutchie":10so0lwh said:
If it was my bike (I wish it was :) ) I should consider to move the brakecables behind the 1R stem. This bike is really as has been used by the the pro's in the 80's for example IJsboerke en Capri Sonne at the time.
Nice bike !!!

Yes! IJsboerke & Capri Sonne :) Peter Winnen on his way to the Alpe d' Heuz stage win:

Winnen.jpg

I do have another 1980 FullPro-L. That bike is made to measure for a specific rider. In detailing it differs from my new acquired FullPro-L. For example the stay caps are those we know of the 'regular' FullPro. Moreover the frame is not chromed before painting. It is a light and nimble bike. A joy to ride.

468513952_22525fbc76_b.jpg

Notice the Dyna Drive cranks with fitting for normal pedals :? Never saw another set.

Very nice bike! Do you have a close-up of the crank?
B.T.W. the bike so original, it begs for a proper Dura Ace EX derailleur!

Unfortunately I do not have a close up pic of the crank and I can't sort one now as the bike is in storage.

The NR mech: I think I won't replace it, as this is how I got the bike from its previous owner. There are a couple more things not original, like the hoods, but I think 99% of its live this bike is used as workhorse, so no urgent to need for going back to original spec for me. This is how it evolved.

Back