Sunn exact disc

cwmitch

Retro Newbie
Well hears mine a sunn exact 998 disc bought
new from the recycle bike comp in SE London
and the price £2450 I know I must have been
mad but I loved and still love it, Just given her
a revamp new disc's pads braided lines ect.
Although I wouldn't mind an IS mount on the
rear but hay that's life, Let me know what ya
think?

Colin.....

Attachments

• DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 3,126
  • DSC00062.JPG
    DSC00062.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 3,123
  • DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 3,123
hi and welcome,

I had an exact un a few years ago. The ride was spot on but that rear formula brake never stopped bloody howling! An IS conversion would be a great upgrade. If you have the same problem?

But that is so mint it would be a real shame IMHO to mess about with it!

Thanks for posting such a nice ride.

Cheers,Al

Nice bike, especially in white.

i stil have some team jerseys from the day i used to ride for sunn, never use hem though....

32 mm of travel looks like overkill when you look at todays world xc courses!

Infact that sunn is probably the ideal scoot for the job!

cheers, Al

I very nearly bought one of them. I like the neatness of the rear brake, even though you can't change the caliper :LOL: The frame is also set for those short forks so anything else kicked the front end up massively.
Great bikes, but a little limited by being so focused around their own set up ;)

What a superb bike. I never managed to find a 20" version so I had to settle with a Sunn Revolt Gp -98. Later on I also had a Xircuit Un. A very solid bike :). I also have a Neuro Evolution.

Hi there newbie,

I am in the midst of rebuilding my old sunn un team disc.

I managed to get one in a 20inch.I have just got the frame back from a friend,as with lots of bike kit it seems to have done the rounds so to speak! and has been underneath the bums of a few of my mates.

I am going to build it with a mix of parts including a road gearing set up in a 1 by 10 and running 26 inch wheels and Hayes carbon discs.

Welcome on board the good ship retrobike.

Cheers,Al

Back