Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

my Saracen any info????

DSCN0864.jpg

DSCN0867.jpg

Got it as a frame and forks a few years ago. I managed to get all the sealed bearings for the risse racing rear end from a local engineering firm.
To fettle The MX-6 forks I managed to get through to Stratos and got uprated main seals, new 20mm thru axle + fork bottoms and disk mount plus steerer tube. Even Manual and stickers lol.
I changed the rear shock from the stratos (still have it) to a Manitou swinger.

All the settings were changeable so set it up for 24" wheels for the hell of it.

If anybody knows anything about these bike please let me know as i cant find out too much info.

Its my spare DH bike I lend out to friends so i can Ride DH flat out but not alone.

(just crashed this week and broke my collar bone and the loaned bike friend drove me home from scotland to Newcastle General A&E lol )

cheers all:)

Re: 1992 Saracen Traverse ~ Completed for the OWMTBC

dendy":253s72s1 said:
drystonepaul":253s72s1 said:
Here is the latest addition to my growing collection of Saracens.

1992 Saracen Traverse:

92Traverse10.jpg

More photos and information here:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=113457

What a beauty this is. Apart from the tyres it is just how I remember my one. Excellent build and fettled to perfection :cool: :p

Ah, that's it, found the year, my old lost ( ex wife gave it away, before I could rescue it) Traverse Elite, ( 17 inch frame),which I had from new. Mine was a powder coated metallic black with white decals.

Current bike, a '93 Tufftrax Elite, not as nice as the Traverse, but it's a Saracen, my first choice when I got back into mtb's after a few years without a bike.

And here it is again with a good coating of mud from this weekend's Retrobike Peaks Ride.

Peaks2010-07.jpg

I've changed the stem from a NOS silver Zoom stem to a NOS black Zoom stem and sorted out that ugly temporary front cable hanger.

The 1992 Traverse was a fully DX equipped bike while the black Traverse Elite was full XT. Lovely bike.

Mine has a mix of XT and DX.

I am beginning to notice that there are groups within groups in the Saracen Appreciation society, what with the pre 90's saracen lovers, the E-stay lovers, and the Kili lovers. I wondered what lover I was and then it came, I am one of the pierced top tube lovers, I love that design, always did, but to go futher, I am really a 1992 group Saracen Lover, and my reason for that is simply because that was my first Saracen and first MTB and my first bike looked so damned classy compared to the plethora of Yank steel that was about back in the day, (All the pals had Marins, DB's Treks and Cannondales, I was the odd bod with a Saracen).

What Saracen Lover group are you and why ?

Oh, something else, I have spent this afternoon re reading the whole thread and have noticed with some dismay that earlier pictures have dissapeared, obviously taken down from the hosts they were using, A pity really, but I was thinking would it not be good for all these Saracen pictures to be collated for prosperity and undoubtedly future Saracen lovers reference. Perhaps ask Saracen owners to upload into the site Album, so they may be kept instead of providing offsite links.

some useful info:

Saracen Kili Pro '97

Easton Elan 3 double butted aluminium tubing with Saracen Max drive Comp heat treated straight forks

LX CD chainset, XT M739 shifters, mechs, V-brakes,

LX hubs on Mavic 217

Ritchey pedals, headset, Alfabite/ Omegabite, bars, stem, saddle

RRP £1195

Never seen one! :LOL:

Back