GT Xizang Age Question (pic)

Simon.V

Dirt Disciple
Can anybody help me out with the year of this Xizang frame? Also, is it of US or a Taiwan origin?

xixang.jpg

Thanks

Simon

I'm think all the USA ones have Made in USA stamped on the BB, but then I never new you could buy them painted.

why did GT start painting their Ti frames. Nice colour scheme and all that but just unnecessary IMO

Only the Americans would have the genius idea of painting a beautiful titanium frame I guess. But thats what paint stripper is for.

I'm thinking its a very lare 90's frame, but no real idea

I'm thinking its a later one as it doesn't have the circular mount on the seat tube to carry the canti stop. Is this the one on STW?

P20":1l5w94s3 said:
I'm thinking its a later one as it doesn't have the circular mount on the seat tube to carry the canti stop. Is this the one on STW?

I think so to. It is the one on STW, not sure its worth 375.00 being asked though

P20":39rs6no2 said:

I think so to. It is the one on STW, not sure its worth 375.00 being asked though

I saw his ads on STW on a few things. His descriptions are a bit weird, they read like he has bought the stuff to flog on at a profit. Whilst there isn't anything wrong with that, i just don't trust that kind of seller :?

You're right..He doesn't know anything about it at all.

If you bought a quality frame for yourself at a high price, I'm sure you would know a bit about it. I certainly would.

Anyway, hes not budging on price.

Back